Infinity Land Posted January 11, 2024 Posted January 11, 2024 19 minutes ago, RedRooster said: Honestly, even with that reminder I don't remember it. It doesn't even seem to have made his Wikipedia page. Even after looking at Cagematch to see what the match was, I have no recollection of it whatsoever, or how it came about. Given that it featured Jay Lethal, I may simply have skipped it. It's easier to remember because FTR were the AEW/ROH/AAA tag team champions and being wasted in a Trios match with Wardlow. The point of that to reunite the Pinnacle as Punk's back up against The Firm. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 11, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 11, 2024 1 hour ago, JLM said: They looked good in the match and there was briefly some chatter about them facing FTR in a proper tag match which I am very sad never amounted to anything. From memory I think FTR were feeding that narrative and teasing a match in each promotion, which would have been great, but it soon got overshadowed by CM Punk and amounted to nothing. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2024 5 hours ago, Loki said: He turned up in NXT for that one tag match with Kushida, and got treated like a big deal. I'd be surprised if WWE didn't offer him a deal at that point but he was part-time only at that stage. Yeah, they were clearly trying to win him over, similar to how they kept booking Kota Ibushi in NXT for a while after the Cruiserweight Classic in the hope that they could show him that they they would book him strongly if he signed. If memory serves, he would have been seriously pursuing his career as a physical therapist around that time. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 13, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 13, 2024 (edited) Not too sure of Nash’s contract status these days, nor do I expect it to happen, but how cool would it be for Big Sexy to help out his Paparazzi Productions mate in the main event?! Edited January 13, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 13, 2024 Posted January 13, 2024 They've got a big signing right? Would make sense if it was a big sexy signing. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 13, 2024 Posted January 13, 2024 Buzzing for TNA tonight, really rooting for them to do well Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 13, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 13, 2024 The tunnels are back. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 14, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 14, 2024 Not quite a sell out, but 1,800 is apparently the best Impact/TNA attendance in 8 years. Looked much better/brighter than usual, which is a massively positive sign. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 14, 2024 Posted January 14, 2024 Was a good show aswell,solid matches Quote
westlondonmist Posted January 14, 2024 Posted January 14, 2024 40 minutes ago, garynysmon said: Not quite a sell out, but 1,800 is apparently the best Impact/TNA attendance in 8 years. Looked much better/brighter than usual, which is a massively positive sign. I think that looks a great layout for a wrestling show to be honest. Intimate but very professional looking. Spoiler We all knew the big name was Dolph, he's solid just not that interested but at least it's not Riddle. Dana Brooke is just so meh. Quote
69MeDon Posted January 14, 2024 Posted January 14, 2024 First TNA show I've watched since probably whatever year Hogan and Co arrived in the company. And it was decent. The title matches were all great. What the hell kind of name is The Rascalz, though? And whilst I understand that it's hard in the current pro-wrestling landscape to deliver on a BIG SURPRISE, since everyone worth much is under contract somewhere, but it was good, classic TNA stuff for their big surprise to be Dolph. Will check out Snake Eyes, too. Not sure I have room in my life for another weekly pro-wrestling show, but Hard To Kill did enough to make me open to keep on going with TNA for a while. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted January 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 14, 2024 On 12/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, Callum1993 said: Probably Ziggler Typical TNA ? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted January 14, 2024 Posted January 14, 2024 In the context of being a company where Tommy Dreamer wrestles on a PPV, and Alex Shelley is your World Champion, Ziggles absolutely qualifies as a huge signing. That's not a slight on TNA, just perspective. Moose looked fucking massive next to him. I think I have this in built assumption that WWE guys, even now, turn up elsewhere and look much bigger, but not here clearly. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.