Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 27, 2024 35 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: He's said before he's got a year left. If he has that long then give him the title and then you have a year to build a new champ. If it turns out he is leaving then they should be building someone else up. Not what he was saying recently Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 27, 2024 Posted October 27, 2024 I mean that could easily refer to something like the Rumble rather than contract. We don't know really. But yeah. He feels a bit dead in the water now. Like that time they built up Roode just to lose. Guess we'll see what the follow up is. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 27, 2024 30 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I mean that could easily refer to something like the Rumble rather than contract. We don't know really. I suspect that’s exactly what it was. That said, I can’t imagine it would cost a huge amount to buy him out from the remainder of his contract, if WWE saw value in doing so. Heck, they’d probably be able to do it for the price of a non-wrestling appearance from a main roster star on PPV, letting AJ Styles act as guest referee in a PPV match or something like that. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 27, 2024 35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I mean that could easily refer to something like the Rumble rather than contract. We don't know really. But yeah. He feels a bit dead in the water now. Like that time they built up Roode just to lose. Guess we'll see what the follow up is. Oh I definitely think it’s a Rumble reference. But to use that then, I dunno, YOUR UPCOMING WORLD TITLE MATCH ON PPV FOR THE COMPANY YOU’RE EMPLOYED BY would have been a more logical response. But I think it’s clear that the WWE interest in certain talent will lead to some of those moving over once they legally can. Quote
Danny Franchetti’s Jazzbox Posted October 27, 2024 Posted October 27, 2024 He’s said recently the 4 months is a reference to Eurovision as he wants to enter a remix of his song into it. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 28, 2024 12 hours ago, Danny Franchetti’s Jazzbox said: He’s said recently the 4 months is a reference to Eurovision as he wants to enter a remix of his song into it. That sounds like he knew he fluffed up. Again though, he had a world title match coming up. Why was he not pushing that…? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 28, 2024 2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: That sounds like he knew he fluffed up. Again though, he had a world title match coming up. Why was he not pushing that…? Yeah I tend to agree, posting and immediately regretting it. I never knew you could get Deja vu from someone else’s actions, but… As for promoting the match, to be fair on him, I’m sure he did that in other ways - I don’t think it’s fair to judge his efforts in doing that through (what I assume was) a heat-of-the-moment post. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted October 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 28, 2024 Seeing that Chris Bey was injured following the Impact tapings - apparently had to have immediate surgery for a neck issue. Hopeful that he makes a full recovery but that doesn't sound at all good. I saw him in a ladder match in Doncaster about a year or so ago and he had a pretty nasty fall then too. Fingers crossed he at least walks out of the hospital anyway. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 On 10/27/2024 at 6:49 PM, Hannibal Scorch said: Not what he was saying recently Joe Hendry being bumped the Turkey Bowl pre show match isn’t a great optic. But that was not the worst thing TNA did last night Who’s next? Party Marty, Velveteen Dream? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 And I thought some of AEW's crowds were a bit flat. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted November 30, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) That was held at Wrestlecade and as a result has the worst production values I've seen since about 2018. (Huge step back as the shows have generally been much better attended and improved significantly looks-wise since the turn of the year) Having seen a few clips I'm sacking this one off. Edited November 30, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 Oh that clip is from last night? It looks like a proper indy show. Grim. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 8 minutes ago, garynysmon said: Having seen a few clips I'm sacking this one off. They've even alienated their fan! Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2024 (edited) I don’t watch TNA, but I like that it exists as a sort of Phantom Zone for knobheads I don’t want to see, like Matt Riddle and The Hardy Boys. Every now and then though, when they pull a decent house in a relatively small building, I see people saying how, “TNA will overtake AEW soon and become the number two promotion.” But then I see graphics like this and, well, yeah. I don’t think AEW have much to worry about. Ziggler vs. Top Dolla. World Title. Wow. Edited December 6, 2024 by Supremo Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 6, 2024 Posted December 6, 2024 You know things are bad when I actually want Top Dolla to win. But JBL will probably just turn up and hit him. That seems to happen a lot. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.