The Gaffer Posted July 21, 2024 Posted July 21, 2024 Doing a full on Hebner screwjob spot again is way worse than Ziggler winning. Wrestling just can't get out of its own fucking way. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted July 21, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted July 21, 2024 (edited) 2 hours ago, The Gaffer said: Doing a full on Hebner screwjob spot again is way worse than Ziggler winning. Wrestling just can't get out of its own fucking way. I feared the worst when I read spoilers that Hebner was backstage. In the end I was relieved they went down the road that they did. What I’ve grown to like about Nic Nemeth is despite being a relatively big name in the industry, he seems to be genuinely enjoying himself and always goes out of his way to promote the company. Given how many ex-WWE guys spent their tenures with TNA seemingly embarrassed to be there, its refreshing. Josh Alexander turning heel freshens things up a bit, and an Alexander/Hendry programme leading up to Bound for Glory doesn’t sound too bad to me. Hendry winning the title at Slammiversary when he’s fresh out of the lower midcard, without any intervening period at all, would have been more LolTNA booking if anything. Edited July 21, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
Daddymagic Posted July 21, 2024 Posted July 21, 2024 I really don't get Joe Hendry at all. I've seen his stuff since the ICW days and it hasn't changed. Video promo where he wears a mask and does a half baked song. He is average at best in the ring. Is he meant to be a comedy wrestler? Because he really isn't very funny. It's just a bit cringe. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 21, 2024 My interest in Joe Hendry drops the moment the bell rings. His theme song, the smile, the Cheesy walk to the ring, all grand. He’s like TNA’s Wyatt Sicks* *if they flop when they start actually wrestling Quote
Merzbow Posted September 2, 2024 Posted September 2, 2024 2024 and were booking Bradshaw?!? I doubt he's going to be a full time wrestler or anything but it seems like he's working multiple places with him turning up at GCW too. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2024 He's shown up in TNA, AAA, GCW and OVW in the last few weeks. I don't know if his WWE deal finally expired, or if he's skint or what, but aside from the immediate shock value of "holy shit, what's JBL doing here?" (which diminishes when he's showing up everywhere), what's the point? I doubt he's going to wrestle, and I don't think companies are going to pay what I can only assume is an extortionate fee for him to be a manager who towers over all his clients and doesn't take any bumps. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted September 14, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted September 14, 2024 (edited) I've really fallen out of the habit of watching much current day stuff at all this year. But I do feel like a bit of a proud uncle when I see a well attended TNA show with a hot crowd and colourful setting after regularly watching TNA in 2017-2020 when they were taping TV in front of sub-200 and silent crowds with some single poor sod trying and failing to start a chant. A bit of energy goes a long way for me. Edited September 14, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
uklaw Posted September 14, 2024 Posted September 14, 2024 Another very good show in front of a sold out crowd in San Antonio. They got their production right for the show as well after a number of flubs this year. And apparently tickets are selling well for Bound For Glory. TNA is slowly scaling up, and not trying to run before they can walk. Hopefully events like Victory Road, Slammiversary in July and likely BFG become the norm and not exceptions. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted September 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2024 On 9/14/2024 at 1:29 AM, garynysmon said: But I do feel like a bit of a proud uncle when I see a well attended TNA show with a hot crowd and colourful setting after regularly watching TNA in 2017-2020 when they were taping TV in front of sub-200 and silent crowds with some single poor sod trying and failing to start a chant. I haven't watched TNA/Impact regularly for about a decade now, but they sure have battled back from the days when shows were being live streamed on Twitch on Josh Matthews' iPhone and he had to interrupt mid match as he needed to make a phone call. Quote
NeverYield Posted September 15, 2024 Posted September 15, 2024 Pleased to see it was reasonably well attended. Gonna catch up on all the proceedings now. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 27, 2024 Posted October 27, 2024 Why the fuck is Hendry not champion? Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted October 27, 2024 Posted October 27, 2024 14 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Why the fuck is Hendry not champion? I'm imagining it's because he is WWE bound soon. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 27, 2024 Posted October 27, 2024 8 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: I'm imagining it's because he is WWE bound soon. He's said before he's got a year left. If he has that long then give him the title and then you have a year to build a new champ. If it turns out he is leaving then they should be building someone else up. Quote
The King of Old School Posted October 27, 2024 Posted October 27, 2024 Get the belt on John Layfield. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.