1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah there seemed to be one particular bloke who kept getting picked up yelling stupid stuff.

Good they got FTR bald on the show somehow 

Some truly PPV level matches this week, definitely interested in where Hangman and Mox go after seemingly giving the latter a concussion and walking away, I'm just hoping it doesn't become a basic "mox needs his win back" thing but I don't see that from him.

I'm glad Cole is fine, but I still don't want to see him. The rat looking thing.

Hayter is levels above anyone else, and the only star in that tag match if you believe the crowd. Loved the matching red and white attire and that coat.

MJF fumbled that, what a piss poor promo from him. Lazy racist tropes and it just went on and on, Takeshita not doing anything was weak.

Edited by Merzbow

Rewatched the show after work, there’s a bit in the Takeshita match where he just walks over the the ropes and just sits down and then starts selling he is weary. Just a total controlled sit down like he’s at a school assembly. It looks silly as fuck now I noticed it 

• Paid Members

According to FTR Bald, they've asked to be kept off television til their contracts run out in April so they can heal mentally and physically. Bit weird and a damn shame for the viewers to lose such a hot act. It's nice that Tony Khan is apparently such a kind boss willing to give his talent time off but there's also a reason Vince used to keep his wrestlers on the road 300 days a year. You shouldn't have your stars sitting at home being paid to do doing nothing instead of making you money. 

I continue to enjoy MJF's cheap heat and don't really get the widespread objections to his promo. It'd be grating if it was all over the shows, but when its just one performer who always takes the low road it works.

He's very like Todd off Coronation Street. Even when they say they loved CM Punk as a kid/have really got Sean's best interests at heart, the real MJF/Todd always surfaces in the end.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

I continue to enjoy MJF's cheap heat and don't really get the widespread objections to his promo. It'd be grating if it was all over the shows, but when its just one performer who always takes the low road it works.

I think cheap heat is fine but it's the fact that it's the same cheap heat every week that is getting pretty dull. How many times can you call the fans poor, marks, fat skanks before it gets a bit boring? Especially in comparison to all the great character stuff he was doing with Punk (and to a lesser extent Jericho and Wardlow).

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

According to FTR Bald, they've asked to be kept off television til their contracts run out in April so they can heal mentally and physically. Bit weird and a damn shame for the viewers to lose such a hot act. It's nice that Tony Khan is apparently such a kind boss willing to give his talent time off but there's also a reason Vince used to keep his wrestlers on the road 300 days a year. You shouldn't have your stars sitting at home being paid to do doing nothing instead of making you money. 

If there’s nothing for them to do on tv, and they are moany bastards backstage, then why not send them off to run down their deal. As much as 2022 was the only year I’ve enjoyed FTR consistently, they aren’t as over with the aew fans as the acclaimed and can be replaced easily enough on cards….

……Plus he’s apparently broken a bone in his arse so keeps them off tv to return roughy when punks meant to be back if that situation changes 

3 minutes ago, Louch said:

……Plus he’s apparently broken a bone in his arse so keeps them off tv to return roughy when punks meant to be back if that situation changes 

I haven't heard this week's podcast, but I was going to say on last week's pod the AEW advised not to go to Japan. It wasn't just his ass injury as well. Something was torn in his leg. As he had to choose which one to put weight on as they're on different sides. He is banged up a bit. Maybe not months worthy, but no rush.

It's also been said with Miro, AEW tends to book in PPV cycles. If there are no plans for Revolution. It's an easy one for FTR to sit out.

• Paid Members

That was a hell of a show. I expected to hate the MJF bit more than I did, and I didn't get on with the Ricky Starks bit, but otherwise - holy shit. Banging opener with Hangman and Mox, the crowd energy during Takeshita/Danielson was fantastic and so much fun, and the Trios match was just hugely entertaining nonsense.

The note with Hangman looking upset that he'd possibly actually hurt Mox was great, and the kind of thing AEW does so well. One of the first points I remember thinking they had something special with this show was a similar small moment - after the Lights Out match with Moxley, Omega isn't cleared the following week to wrestle, and he consoles himself by acknowledging it was a pretty rough match, so it's not a surprise neither him nor Mox have been cleared. And the Doctor says 'Nah, Moxley is cleared', and Omega just goes quiet and leaves. Love this kind of stuff.

5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

How many times can you call the fans poor, marks, fat skanks before it gets a bit boring?

He needs some new material. Repeating the shame tired shtick week in, week out doesn’t benefit anyone.