• Paid Members

I don't care how silly it is, or how unlikely it is, or how extremely naïve of me it is, but I'm taking every single wink, nudge and throwaway line by Hangman in that interview as "OH MY GOD CM PUNK IS COMING BACK".

Don't ask me to explain it, as I can't.

BUT HE'S FUCKING COMING BACK ISN'T HE, COME ON PHIL!

Something about it all just means I can't get excited about a potential Punk return.

Don't get me wrong - I fucking loved him coming back. It's one of the few shows I've watched live. It's one of my most watched YouTube videos. And a lot of his AEW run was top quality television.

But it ended up in such a way that it really fucked up the company. It took something that was immensely positive and uplifting and enjoyable and made it as dirty and disappointing and disjointed as its competitor.

And it's taken a while to get back on track but they have. They're where they need to be now. They're the AEW of old.

So fuck Punk. Phil can stay away. They don't need him.

Having watched it again I don’t get the link to Punk at all. If it was it Should be Punk reaching out and apologising, Renee saying here call this number this guy wanted to talk, not the one good Adam in wrestling going begging 

Really enjoyed the brief Hangman segment, great balance, just subtle enough and got me intrigued to see more in the coming weeks. Hoping it’s an Elite build, but open to other avenues (apart from Phil). 

11 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Takeshita and Bandido are two big stars in the making. Exciting times! 

WWE have been looking for the "next Rey Mysterio" for years, turns out he might be in AEW.

He was already there, in my view. Fenix is ridiculously talented, and I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be treated as Mysterio’s heir apparent if he’d been picked up by WWE. 

While I agree with you on Takeshita, I’m finding it very difficult to connect with Bandido. I don’t know who he is, what his goals are and why he’s there - I need more than what they’ve given me so far.

How quickly you forget, some of you.  Punk dragged AEW down, he made the product worse.  How can anyone want him back?  It’s taken them most of 6 months to put their house back in order after his shithousery, and seemingly that’s long enough for some people to start missing him?

I’m sorry babes, it’ll be different this time I swear, I’ll never hit you again.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Loki said:

How quickly you forget, some of you.  Punk dragged AEW down, he made the product worse. 

He didn't though, did he. On screen, it was a great run, potential feud of the year with MJF, great matches with him, Moxley and even Hangman, who he apparently despised at the time. There were a couple of wonky segments here and there, but overall he was a massive boon to the show. 

I think he should at least come back to feud with Hangman/The Elite. Then he can go and fall apart at home. 

Edited by gmoney

If Punk comes back now, he's just going to take his Bret Hart awareness tour to 97 Bret. It'll mean a whole summer of the kind of whiney heel Punk promo you can already write in your head. 

I'm not against him coming back but the novelty is gone for me.