Is the set being a “letdown” another example of the fans thinking it’ll be one thing, based on their assumptions alone, and getting another? I think so.

Thats why regardless of if Sasha shows up next week, it’ll be the same.

She shows up? People shit on her the same they have since WK. She doesn’t? People shit on it as was hinted and hyped etc.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Is the set being a “letdown” another example of the fans thinking it’ll be one thing, based on their assumptions alone, and getting another? I think so.

She shows up? People shit on her the same they have since WK. She doesn’t? People shit on it as was hinted and hyped etc.

I honestly don't understand why you post here. You clearly have a disdain for any discussion that's had and/or posters in this thread and just pipe up every few weeks to make snide remarks, without any actual discussion.

• Paid Members

If Mercedes isn’t coming in and it ends up being a letdown then it’s completely on AEW for being dumb enough to tease a mystery partner when everyone knew her contract was ending and she was going to debut in New Japan days earlier.

Meltzer reckons she’s not coming in, but it’s Dave, so it’s just as likely he’s being worked or has got the wrong end of the stick somewhere. I just can’t imagine Britt Baker says, “boss,” and winks at the camera if something isn’t in place. AEW isn’t the company to tease something they’re not going to deliver. If I was to guess, I think she debuts somewhere else on the show. They’ve got previous of doing the double swerve, like they did with Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee.

Who knows though. Maybe Mercedes’ piss poor debut gave them cold feet and they decided to just not bother.

”What the fuck was that finisher? An arm breaker? A DDT?”

”I think it’s called ‘cancel her plane ticket.’”

48 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Sure "Matthew" let's blame the fans for everything. You should learn to take criticism Tony. Sorry, "Matthew".

34 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I honestly don't understand why you post here. You clearly have a disdain for any discussion that's had and/or posters in this thread and just pipe up every few weeks to make snide remarks, without any actual discussion.

That’s not true, I sometimes post in the Song Of The Day thread… Oh sorry, just read your post and assumed it was about me :)

17 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Honestly, Jeff Jarrett is turning into the same kind of surprise package Sting and Billy Gunn both have, for me. It's an absolute miracle that he's as good as he is at his age. 

I'm not so surprised. All three have years on the clock which translates to that innate confidence you just don't get with guys who've been stiffing each other on indies for years. It means they know how to turn it on when it's time to fire up, but more importantly they have a real grasp of how OTT to go to get fun stuff over, without youthful self-consciousness.. Take that gif of Dub J hamming it up beautifully, skipping across the ring, while the lesser Jay just sits in the middle of the ring with his hands raised. The fistbump even adds a perfect little punchline to the whole thing, making it a mini spot rather than just a thing that happens and blurs into everything else. The more I watch, the more I appreciate the great timing and ring positioning of these guys and Dustin, that gets them more out of less. I hope the young'uns are taking notes.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

I'm not so surprised. All three have years on the clock which translates to that innate confidence you just don't get with guys who've been stiffing each other on indies for years. It means they know how to turn it on when it's time to fire up, but more importantly they have a real grasp of how OTT to go to get fun stuff over, without youthful self-consciousness.. Take that gif of Dub J hamming it up beautifully, skipping across the ring, while the lesser Jay just sits in the middle of the ring with his hands raised. The fistbump even adds a perfect little punchline to the whole thing, making it a mini spot rather than just a thing that happens and blurs into everything else. The more I watch, the more I appreciate the great timing and ring positioning of these guys and Dustin, that gets them more out of less. I hope the young'uns are taking notes.

On top of all of this, his arms-shaking over-the-top celebration when he was handed the title, before (as @Supremo pointed out) trying to stand between Aubrey and the other ref to prevent her explaining what had happened, to his howls of fury on his knees when they lost - everything about it was great. And it made Lethal look even worse that everything he did was so muted in comparison. 

• Paid Members

Next week’s card is absolutely ridiculous. I genuinely can’t think of many pay per views in the last few years with a lineup this good!

9C104219-9750-4944-BCA8-201AD02AB189.thumb.jpeg.330a7f911437b1482feccafafe9dc84a.jpeg

They’re officially called JungleHook! I love it! Fingers crossed Hook puts Big Bill through the canvas. Also, bonus points to Takeshita himself getting excited about the match with Bryan on social media. You couldn’t have a more wholesome promotion!

D655DC1E-2611-4005-9CBB-26EC9DC2A222.thumb.jpeg.973e9c0e3ad714944e23dbadf77ba465.jpeg

What a mad world pro-wrestling is. It was only weeks ago AEW felt like a sinking ship, everyone scrapping backstage, everything falling apart, whereas WWE was in better shape than ever. Fast forward and now AEW is on fire, having one of the best runs of television in ages, constantly sending the fans home happy, whereas WWE is once again ran by a sex pest, dark cloud over everything, with a product that - bar the Bloodline - has quickly deteriorated into the old patterned, by-the-numbers, empty-calorie, skippable bollocks.

I wonder how many of the disgruntled AEW lot have suddenly changed their tune? Everyone suddenly offering to buy Sammy Guervara a pint. Looking forward to Dax’s podcast this week. Top guys. Staying put.

• Paid Members

The Warner-Discovery execs will be in attendance too, so you know they'll be pulling out all the stops to impress with the new TV deal negotiations around the corner. Exciting times.

Who knew that dropping the ROH/NJPW bullshit and just focusing on pushing your homegrown stars would improve the shows so much? (Literally, everyone.)

It looIs like things have been pretty challenging for Kyle O’Reilly. While I’m not their biggest fans, how things have worked out for Adam Cole and O’Reilly are both bizarre and unfortunate; and they must be two of the most ill-fated company jumps of all time. I’d imagine Cole, at least, would have had a nice little push to look forward to under Triple H, so I wonder how he feels about his decision to leave at this point.

Regardless of how I feel about them, I hope they’re able to come back at some point next year. They both seem likeable outside of the ring, and it really is a shame to see both of them go through what they’re going through.

Edited by RedRooster