Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Didn't Johnny Marr pay Mike Joyce out of his own pocket when the decision was made while Morrissey wanted to fight the decision?

Nah. Rourke took a payout and was left with the 10 per cent they originally had. Joyce eventually got the 25% through the courts. Marr didn't pursue the appeal but Morrissey did hence why he gets tarred with it more than Marr. But originally they were both on the side against the rhythm section.

Rourke and Marr definitely patched things up and had played a lot together. I know for a while after Rourke felt stupid that he had taken the deal, given what Joyce (rightly) won

Edited by Factotum

7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Morrissey will be popping the champagne this morning. It is a terrible shame. Those bass lines were fantastic. 

“Sometimes one of the most radical things you can do is to speak clearly. When someone dies, out come the usual blandishments … as if their death is there to be used. I'm not prepared to do this with Andy. I just hope … wherever Andy has gone … that he's OK. He will never die as long as his music is heard. He didn't ever know his own power, and nothing that he played had been played by someone else. His distinction was so terrific and unconventional and he proved it could be done. He was also very, very funny and very happy, and post-Smiths, he kept a steady identity - never any manufactured moves. I suppose, at the end of it all, we hope to feel that we were valued. Andy need not worry about that."

I’m guessing he communicated that via a Ouija Board, Ouija Board on account of him also being dead.