Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

2 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

She also helped give us this.

What a nostalgia hit.

I think I've mentioned in the boxing threads (the finest threads in all of the forum by the way) that my Mum was a massive Eubank fan and my Dad was a massive Benn fan, so their fights were extra spicy in our house.

They did eventually divorce and I'd like to think it was because of that.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

A couple of others that might have got overlooked with Tina Turner taking the headlines:

Bill Lee, Spike Lee's dad, who played bass on Bob Dylan's "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" and worked with Duke Ellington, Simon & Garfunkel, Aretha Franklin, Burt Bacharach, Odetta, Cat Stevens, John Lee Hooker and Harry Belafonte, as well as scoring some of Spike Lee's films, has died aged 94.

Mark Adams, original bassist from doom metal legends Saint Vitus, died aged 64 following complications from Parkinson's. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

A couple of others that might have got overlooked with Tina Turner taking the headlines:

Ray Stephenson as well - one of those people who's been in way more things you've watched than you always realise. Load of memorable side roles (and a few major ones, I forget he was the punisher in the bonkers punisher film)

8 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

Ray Stephenson as well - one of those people who's been in way more things you've watched than you always realise. Load of memorable side roles (and a few major ones, I forget he was the punisher in the bonkers punisher film)

Not by the good people of the UKFF he wasn’t! 

On 5/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Appeared in a number of Forum Favourites 

58 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

Ah oops, in my defence (yer honour) I did search the pages for the word Stevenson but probably could've actually looked more closely than that

The search function on here is hardly the best! It wasn’t meant as a dig, he was mentioned in one post but a bit of traffic on this thread made it go a few pages back!

Tina Turner was an artist I would dearly love to have seen live, but by the time I really determined to do so she’d pretty much finished touring.  Fantastic voice, fantastic stage presence.  Mad Max 3 is deffo our Friday night movie.

Fuck me though, tragic life despite her fame and fortune.  She outlived both her sons and was never really able to escape from her demons (Ike) as people would always ask her about him in interview.

• Paid Members

ITN's news and science editor Emily Morgan has passed away at the age of 45 from lung cancer. 

https://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/national/uk-today/23552135.emily-morgan-death-tributes-flood-itv-editor/