Chris B

How long till both companies start doing their own worked versions of this like its Montreal? 

Also, in what kind of company does the Head of Legal stand around while the EVPs of the company kick/barge/headbutt/superkick a door down to get at an employee who's said bad things about them? Even better if the Head of HR was there. Was Daniels just waiting to take their order? 

Also, there weren't any adults in the building with enough sense to realise that Punk might have pissed people off with his comments at the press conference? Or they didn't care? Or they didn't think it would escalate? Hell, nobody thought that giving Punk, a man known for getting pissed off and shooting his mouth off, the opportunity to speak at the post show scrum might result in him saying something? They couldn't tell from his body language? 

Regardless of whether Khan is a good promoter or not, he hired these people, he put them in their positions, and he's ultimately responsible. Just like McMahon was. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Regardless of whether Khan is a good promoter or not, he hired these people, he put them in their positions, and he's ultimately responsible.

I don't think anyone's disputing that and he has taken appropriate action in response as he should.

Wonder how Kenny and the Bucks feel about essentially being replaced by Mox, Jericho and Danielson as new locker room leaders?

Edited by LaGoosh

22 hours ago, Louch said:

“Going after” is two evps, head of legal/HR and talent relations going to speak to an employee, which by all accounts now he has an employee contract, to discuss a serous infraction that took place. This was business, not a gang hit which you seem to be pushing for it to be despite there being no evidence for from any account other than this mystery source taking to wrestlinginc last night just as the video was played. I don’t even think the story has come from punk, it’s Someone claiming to be close making up fibs to stir this kinda chat. And it’s worked 

I'm quite clearly not "pushing for this to be a gang hit". Nick Hausman said he reached out to the Punk camp, and got a response. Why would he make that up? You've recently accused Ariel Helwani of being a client journalist for saying he didn't enjoy interviewing Tony Khan, and now you're speculating on the credibility of a source; presumably because you don't like the story. The suggestion that this was deliberately timed to coincide with the Elite video seems slightly conspiratorial. Unless my maths are wrong, the story was published before Dynamite aired. While they might be aware that Omega and The Bucks are likely to return, how could they possibly know a video was going to air that very night? 

Ultimately, what's to be gained by lying? Even in the article, it says that it was accidental. If you're going to be dishonest, why wouldn't you make up a story that implied that there was intent? 

Punk can still be the instigator. He can still be a toxic arsehole. The Elite can still be the victims here, but I think you're leaning a bit too far on the side of "AEW = good", "detractors = dishonest saboteurs" in this instance. 

Edited by RedRooster

Where have I said Haussmann is lying? I said I think his source is a fibber, I haven’t said anything about the journalist, he’s just reported what told that sounds like nonsense given all other reports to now. What’s more likely is what you suggest yourself that whoever made the claim reached out when they heard the elite where backstage and wanted to get a story out before they did anything. 

what’s to be gained by lying? Cmon you aren’t new to wrestling, everyone loves a tall tale that makes themselves seem the good guy in any situation 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

You've recently accused Ariel Helwani of being a client journalist for saying he didn't enjoy interviewing Tony Khan, and now you're speculating on the credibility of a source; presumably because you don't like the story.

He absolutely is a client journalist. If not, how does he get the WWE/UFC BT interviews?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Vamp said:

There weren't any adults in the building with enough sense to realise that Punk might have pissed people off with his comments at the press conference? Or they didn't care? Or they didn't think it would escalate? 

All Out Wwe GIF by Extreme Improv

8 minutes ago, Louch said:

what’s to be gained by lying? Cmon you aren’t new to wrestling, everyone loves a tall tale that makes themselves seem the good guy in any situation 

And I’d happily buy that if Punk had a track record for these things, but simply put, he doesn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Louch said:

Where have I said Haussmann is lying? I said I think his source is a fibber, I haven’t said anything about the journalist, he’s just reported what told that sounds like nonsense given all other reports to now.

You haven’t - but you’re being selective about what you’re choosing to believe. I can’t vouch for Hausman’s reliability or otherwise of course, but I wouldn’t be inclined to give much credence to the ‘other reports’, given that they come from Meltzer, who has a track record for partial reporting. Ultimately, unless the dog was laying unconscious, or covered in blood, how could anyone who wasn’t in Punk’s locker room really be sure that he wasn’t hurt in some way? Can I rule out that Larry was taken to the vet a few days later, had teeth removed and Punk put 2 + 2 together to make 5? Of course not, that’s perfectly plausible. But you’re leaning too far in the other direction.

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He absolutely is a client journalist. If not, how does he get the WWE/UFC BT interviews?

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not making any comment on his journalistic capabilities; what I’m saying is his comments on Tony Khan being a difficult interview isn’t evidence of that. It seemed a reasonable opinion for him to hold, given that that the interview was bloody awkward. 

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd take most wrestlers in a fight over CM Punk to be honest. 

I wouldn't. Despite him being torn a new arsehole in the UFC he's still a blue belt in BJJ under a very reputable coach and someone with way more legit training than most pro wrestlers. 

Even "the photographer" who won a decision over him is someone with a pro kickboxing and boxing background. 

I'd pick Phillip and the photographer to hand most pro wrestlers their arses in a ~LEGIT~ fight. 

• Paid Members
@David I know you're one of those MMA perverts yeah he may be a blue belt or whatever but be realistic - he's also a fragile, injured and old, skinny guy who going by his UFC appearances can't throw a decent punch who was scared Hangman was going to shoot on him. I reckon most the roster wouldn't have too much trouble from him in a proper scrap.
Edited by LaGoosh

Helwani didn’t just say he was a difficult interview, he’s also said aew is in a downfall like ended wcw and said anyone who thinks aew is better than Raw is a Liar. Careful with those stones you are throwing as me in this glass house you are building Rooster haha. 

head of legal had Larry in her hands at the end of it all, punks side made no mention of any hurt to the dog in the week that followed. If you wanna believe that new story that’s fine, I’m done arguing about an ugly dogs canine catastrophe 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm quite clearly not "pushing for this to be a gang hit". Nick Hausman said he reached out to the Punk camp, and got a response. Why would he make that up? You've recently accused Ariel Helwani of being a client journalist for saying he didn't enjoy interviewing Tony Khan, and now you're speculating on the credibility of a source; presumably because you don't like the story. The suggestion that this was deliberately timed to coincide with the Elite video seems slightly conspiratorial. Unless my maths are wrong, the story was published before Dynamite aired. While they might be aware that Omega and The Bucks are likely to return, how could they possibly know a video was going to air that very night? 

Ultimately, what's to be gained by lying? Even in the article, it says that it was accidental. If you're going to be dishonest, why wouldn't you make up a story that implied that there was intent? 

Punk can still be the instigator. He can still be a toxic arsehole. The Elite can still be the victims here, but I think you're leaning a bit too far on the side of "AEW = good", "detractors = dishonest saboteurs" in this instance. 

The idea that Punk was reacting to seeing his dog being hurt makes his actions seem more reasonable, certainly more so than what has been reported from "his side" previously. I can totally see why they'd put that out there now that it's obvious the investigation has gone against him, he won't be back in AEW and might well be looking for a job soon. The difference between people believing "Punk went nuts because his dog got hurt" and "Punk went nuts because people said mean things about him on the Internet" could be pretty crucial if he wants to go back to WWE, in terms of money, push and the reaction he's likely to get.

Saying it was accidental makes sense too. It's far more believable than the Elite doing it on purpose. Personally I just don't believe that it would've taken this long to come out. I read  "The Bucks kicked in the door" and "Ace was just trying to protect his wife" the day after it happened. That stuff wasn't coming from the Elite's side so, if Larry getting hurt was the key thing that led to it all kicking off, I feel like it would've been reported sooner.