Chris B

24 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Saying it was accidental makes sense too. It's far more believable than the Elite doing it on purpose. Personally I just don't believe that it would've taken this long to come out. I read  "The Bucks kicked in the door" and "Ace was just trying to protect his wife" the day after it happened. That stuff wasn't coming from the Elite's side so, if Larry getting hurt was the key thing that led to it all kicking off, I feel like it would've been reported sooner.

The investigation is said to be over. Ace Steele being released was the first public sign of it. CM Punk is now trying to negotiate a buy-out of his contract. He's going to be looking to get as much as he can get. A lot of what came out this week is easily seen as posturing for the best deal, as the only chip he has is to threaten legal action. Which I don't think anyone would want.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I’ll never forget Punk on Renee’s podcast, suggesting they do Punk and Danielson vs. The Young Bucks. That would have been incredible. Shame the closest we got was Punk throwing shoot punches at the Bucks whilst his dog is simultaneously either injured or saved by Kenny Omega, depending on who you believe. Schrödinger's shit dog.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

In terms of how all this will affect the on-screen product, do we think we'll need to get used to weekly "CM Punk" chants on AEW TV like we got in WWE for seven years?

He’s done such a number on his own reputation I doubt we’ll ever hear the chant again. Who wants to chant for a moany, paranoid idiot?

1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

In terms of how all this will affect the on-screen product, do we think we'll need to get used to weekly "CM Punk" chants on AEW TV like we got in WWE for seven years?

Not really no. He was always seen as the guy the machine broke down. But now he's the one that potentially fucked the machine and bit the hand that was feeding him. There'll be a lot less sympathy for him this time round. If its a choice between him and Omega/Bucks I really think the AEW faithful will stick with their guys.

• Paid Members

I know there’s a lot of focus on the fact the EVPs are involved and they’re in Meltzer’s ear, but the non-wrestler head of legal was there too and their side of the story has been the same from day one to now.

The “Larry got smashed by the door” thing is from “someone from Punk’s camp” which if you’re not including Punk directly is the recently fired and clearly unstable Ace Steele and Ace Steele’s wife and if you’re going to believe them with a dog story nobody has heard at all until the moment Steele was fired over every other witness in the room that rejects it happening and never once brought it up then I don’t know what to tell you.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I vagurely remember Punk saying when he left WWE

He didn't just leave did he, he walked out and was in talks over his contract and retuning to work and then they fired him. 

He made quite the song and dance about it because he was otherwise engaged on that day I believe. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:
@David I know you're one of those MMA perverts yeah he may be a blue belt or whatever but be realistic - he's also a fragile, injured and old, skinny guy who going by his UFC appearances can't throw a decent punch who was scared Hangman was going to shoot on him. I reckon most the roster wouldn't have too much trouble from him in a proper scrap.

Ah, the classic "body type = toughness in a real fight" argument, eh? I thought that line of thinking went out the window when MMA showed that big muscles mean next to fuck all when you're dealing with someone who is actually skilled in combat.

And those UFC appearances you speak of? You do know he fought a guy who is a black belt in BJJ and a blue belt in Muay Thai in his debut, right? A guy who was younger and more skilled? Punk was woefully out of his depth, but as I said at the time, he deserves immense credit for actually stepping in the cage in the first place. 

The general consensus after his two fights from his coaches and people who know the sport was that he was simply too old at the time he started training. He was advised to focus on BJJ tournaments, where he was considered to be quite skilled.

I doubt he was actually "scared" of Page doing anything to be honest. Page may play a cowboy on telly, but he's a former fucking high school teacher with no real combat sports training. He's "shooting" on no one.

Punk trained at Roufusport where he'd have been getting punched in the face every day in training by actual MMA fighters.

Hate on Punk all you like, but let's not get daft with the "real fight" talk. Most of the AEW roster would do fuck all in a "proper scrap" because they aren't actual fighters. Even someone with a few years of MMA training at a low level, let alone at the level Punk got before and during his UFC run would be able to handle an untrained individual with relative ease, be they a cowboy on telly or not.