Chris B

As AEWs favourite rapist said “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. You see it all the time with a Johnny Big Potatoes giving it large. Wasn’t that a criticism of UFC champ Brock Lesnar? Genuine hard bastard but as soon as he took a punch to the face, everything changed. 

• Paid Members

I’m super intrigued by the reports that came out of Punk’s camp, stating that he didn’t think the press conference was, “that big of a deal.” If that’s true, I almost feel sorry for him. So caught up in all the madness and paranoia that he flushed everything down the toilet without even realising.

It’s crazy to think only weeks earlier he was tearfully talking about how grateful he was to have a second chance, unlike someone like Bret Hart, and yet it took no time at all for him to burn it to the ground over the smallest, silliest of reasons. Guy seems to be his own worst enemy. He had it made in AEW if he wasn’t such a self-destructive knobhead.

On that subject, this made me laugh. You can always count on Bret to be right about any and every situation.

Edited by Supremo

Punks always been a bellend, but is it a case that when he was being a bellend with WWE that was fine because it was big bad WWE. Now he’s being a bellend to AEW and given how tribal and defensive their fans are it’s not fine? Or are people saying “Nope, I was wrong before, he was a bellend back in WWE as well”

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Punks always been a bellend, but is it a case that when he was being a bellend with WWE that was fine because it was big bad WWE. Now he’s being a bellend to AEW and given how tribal and defensive their fans are it’s not fine? Or are people saying “Nope, I was wrong before, he was a bellend back in WWE as well”

People gave Punk a pass last time because everyone thought it was WWE that had made him miserable. Given how miserable so many other ex-WWE guys were at that time and the generally shit booking it was perfectly feasible that it was WWE that made him miserable. This time around it's definitely people realizing "no wait, he's just a toxic person".

16 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

People gave Punk a pass last time because everyone thought it was WWE that had made him miserable. Given how miserable so many other ex-WWE guys were at that time and the generally shit booking it was perfectly feasible that it was WWE that made him miserable. This time around it's definitely people realizing "no wait, he's just a toxic person".

Yeah that’s pretty much what I think. Anyone telling WWE to fuck off with the way they treat people should be supported, but as you say it doesn’t automatically make them sound. 

Someone mentioned earlier about the change in locker room leaders. Imagine a lesser talent having mental health and addiction issues. Imagine talking to the usual locker room leaders about those sort of topics and how they’d be met. Now imagine talking to Mox about those issues and I bet the response would be night and day. Less Punk and More Mox in wrestling backstage politics please. 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

That raises an interesting question: is Page one of those hard men without combat training? (He probably isn't, given the lack of rumour. Usually something comes out about this sort of thing.) And would a hard man without training beat a soft guy with training?

Nope, Steve isn't a hard man at all. And while Punk is a moaning-faced twat, I wouldn't exactly describe him as "soft" considering the absolute beatings he took in the UFC without much complaint. 

A "soft" type wouldn't even entertain the idea of stepping into the gym he trained at, knowing he's a "fake pro wrestler" and the place is full of young, legit tough guys who'd happily be the guy to send Punk home crying. 

Balboa walking into Apollo's gym in Rocky III has fuck all on what Punk had to experience at Roufus gym.

spacer.png

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, David said:

Nope, Steve isn't a hard man at all.

Firstly, how do you know this?

Secondly, why do you care?

Thirdly, why do you keep calling Hangman Page "Steve", you fucking weirdo.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

It’s crazy to think only weeks earlier he was tearfully talking about how grateful he was to have a second chance, unlike someone like Bret Hart, and yet it took no time at all for him to burn it to the ground over the smallest, silliest of reasons. Guy seems to be his own worst enemy. He had it made in AEW if he wasn’t such a self-destructive knobhead.

It's weird looking back at the promos leading up to this whole thing - Punk was coming across as bitter and paranoid to the point of some of us genuinely wondering if he was setting up a heel turn. The one that sticks with me is how he talked about how he almost died in childbirth due to a chord around his neck and how that showed 'they've been trying to kill me since the day I was born' - despite it being more obviously a story about how his life was saved by the doctors at the time. I found the 'they' really, really weird and paranoid.

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

This thread is 2 or 3 posts away from arguing about whether Punks Dad is harder than Hangmans Dad. 

Hangmans stuck around….also, hangmans a Stevie not a Steve. Which given he’s a Stephen like me is disgusting. Discovering this has me now on Team Punk 

One of my pet peeves in modern wrestling is wrestlers who change there names from one normal guy name to another normal guy name. I don’t know if he’s a hard man or not but Stevie lacks a serious amount of imagination to go from Steve to Adam. Still, it’s better than Uncle fucking Howdy.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Louch said:

Hangmans stuck around….also, hangmans a Stevie not a Steve. Which given he’s a Stephen like me is disgusting. Discovering this has me now on Team Punk 

But surely the only way to shorten Stephen is Steve or Stevie? Otherwise it'd be Steph or Stephie?