Chris B

14 minutes ago, Louch said:

Aew isn’t perfect by any means. I’m proper in the forcing myself to watch dynamite and suffering rampage phase of fandom 

I’ve stopped watching Rampage, which is a shame because I used to really enjoy my Saturday morning blast of wrestling. Weirdly, I feel like I’ve gone from being one of the more critical posters about Dynamite to actually liking it more than most. I feel like they’ll be in a strong place once ROH gets separated out in some way.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’ve stopped watching Rampage, which is a shame because I used to really enjoy my Saturday morning blast of wrestling. Weirdly, I feel like I’ve gone from being one of the more critical posters about Dynamite to actually liking it more than most. I feel like they’ll be in a strong place once ROH gets separated out in some way.

I’d say of late Rampage has been occasionally better then Dynamite which was never the case prior 

9 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

CM Punk was the UFC's equivalent to those YouTube boxers.

The Paul brothers would murder him, fuck he'd die to even KSI. (I just wanted to rhyme but he's actually pretty damn decent)

Edited by Merzbow

11 hours ago, cena's mam's clunge said:

Class that an alcoholic, ancient Jericho still scares everyone. 

To be fair, in my experience it’s the ancient alcoholics that are the most terrifying. 

23 hours ago, David said:

Ah, the classic "body type = toughness in a real fight" argument, eh? I thought that line of thinking went out the window when MMA showed that big muscles mean next to fuck all when you're dealing with someone who is actually skilled in combat.

And those UFC appearances you speak of? You do know he fought a guy who is a black belt in BJJ and a blue belt in Muay Thai in his debut, right? A guy who was younger and more skilled? Punk was woefully out of his depth, but as I said at the time, he deserves immense credit for actually stepping in the cage in the first place. 

The general consensus after his two fights from his coaches and people who know the sport was that he was simply too old at the time he started training. He was advised to focus on BJJ tournaments, where he was considered to be quite skilled.

I doubt he was actually "scared" of Page doing anything to be honest. Page may play a cowboy on telly, but he's a former fucking high school teacher with no real combat sports training. He's "shooting" on no one.

Punk trained at Roufusport where he'd have been getting punched in the face every day in training by actual MMA fighters.

Hate on Punk all you like, but let's not get daft with the "real fight" talk. Most of the AEW roster would do fuck all in a "proper scrap" because they aren't actual fighters. Even someone with a few years of MMA training at a low level, let alone at the level Punk got before and during his UFC run would be able to handle an untrained individual with relative ease, be they a cowboy on telly or not.

Yeah, but if you look at a tougher discipline, like ballroom dancing, Anne Widecombe was in Strictly for like 8 weeks and I still reckon nearly anyone in AEW would be a better dancer. Even Jericho. 

Also, I'm not giving a tremendous amount of credit to a rich bloke paying a lot of money to get the shit beaten out of him. I've had the shit beaten out of me for nout. He paid for the privilege. 

Now, if he'd had the sense to charge people to beat the shit out of him I'd have been impressed. Good money maker that. 

16 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Yeah, but if you look at a tougher discipline, like ballroom dancing, Anne Widecombe was in Strictly for like 8 weeks

Because the public kept voting to keep her solely to laugh at her. The judges gave her the lowest score routinely every week, so if it was up to them, she’d have lasted a week and not eight. 

But that’s by the by. We are talking about the AEW locker room. I’d fancy my chances against most of them and I’m a one lunged alcoholic. It’s not about Punk being a hardman, it’s about the others not. I reckon I’d take Punk though. I reckon most of us could. 

I was comparing that to Punk training with proper MMA chaps. Widecombe had however many weeks of training with a great ballroom dancer, doesn't mean she could dance rings around anyone in the AEW locker room. 

Plus I just wanted to compare Punk to Anne Widecombe. I nearly went for Tony Adams but Adams is possibly a better dancer than Punk was a fighter so...

22 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Also, I'm not giving a tremendous amount of credit to a rich bloke paying a lot of money to get the shit beaten out of him. I've had the shit beaten out of me for nout. He paid for the privilege. 

Yeah, but we need to remember who we're talking about here. If it was an old-school proper tough guy then fair enough, but the discussion was centred around Punk supposedly being afraid of a former high school teacher called Steve who plays a cowboy on telly "shooting" on him.

Punk leathering most of that locker room isn't about him being a UFC contender. He wouldn't have to be.

23 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Now, if he'd had the sense to charge people to beat the shit out of him I'd have been impressed. Good money maker that. 

He went one better. He made a lot of money from people paying to watch him fight, which was a farce in itself. Dude banked half a mill for just over 2 minutes work and a broken nose. And did the same again to grapple for 15 minutes with a guy who made $20k.

A million dollars for two fights? Not bad at all considering the chump change a lot of far more skilled and deserving fighters ever make in the sport.

13 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I was comparing that to Punk training with proper MMA chaps. Widecombe had however many weeks of training with a great ballroom dancer, doesn't mean she could dance rings around anyone in the AEW locker room. 

Plus I just wanted to compare Punk to Anne Widecombe. I nearly went for Tony Adams but Adams is possibly a better dancer than Punk was a fighter so...

Punk trained for years though, not weeks. You’re right about Tony Adams though, to be honest I’d probably stick a fiver on Anton Du Beke kicking Punks head in. He has cardio for days and would keep stepping gracefully away from Punks deadly right hand until Big Phil botches another lariat. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Punk trained for years though, not weeks. You’re right about Tony Adams though, to be honest I’d probably stick a fiver on Anton Du Beke kicking Punks head in. He has cardio for days and would keep stepping gracefully away from Punks deadly right hand until Big Phil botches another lariat. 

While casting racial slurs at TS