Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Tuchel gone. Didn’t see that one coming even with Chelsea’s mad record when it comes to managers. 

It was only a month ago he was in talks for a contract extension until 2024. Madness. 

"2024? no, we meant 20:24."

Utter lunacy.

• Paid Members

Suspect there is more to this. It's a huge turnaround from the previous suggestions of giving time and heavily investing in him, and the contract talks we'd mentioned. He does have a tendency to fall out with hierarchy...

Edit: Stuff from journos saying that the decision to sack him was made before the Zagreb loss, i.e after beating west ham. 

He's been ornery since pre-season, perhaps they decided enough was enough?

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Is Abramovich doing that thing people said about Vince McMahon where he's shapeshifting into meetings and shit, still making controlling decisions? 

Given the fact all of his lieutenants are gone (Buck, Granovskaia, Cech etc) I think it's safe to say no. This is Boehly's club now.  

So is Boehly going to go full Niall Quinn and appoint himself Head Coach in addition to owner, chairman and sporting director?

I'm surprised that Chelsea have taken this decision, you can see Tuchel trying to get the best out of the mad situation they have found themselves in. But it's plainly obvious that he's miserable there. As soon as the Russian invasion began he was pissed off having to take questions about Roman on a regular basis. He's then had a turbulent transfer window where he probably hasn't been able to build the squad anywhere close to the one he wants. I think this is better for Tuchel than it is for Chelsea. Who on earth are they going to bring in to steer this ship of 20 defenders to a top 4 place?

There must be something behind the scenes, otherwise that is a mental decision.

Although I don't think he'll leave mid season, if I was Chelsea, I'd be throwing everything at Graham Potter.

And I certainly wouldn't be calling any out of work Argentinians, absolutely not. No need. Leave them well alone IMO.

• Paid Members

They want either of those two according to Ornstein. Really hope they go for Poch rather than Potter. I really like Potter, don't want him tainted.

Is Rafa currently out of a job? He did a great job last time, won them a trophy. He deserves more respect from their fans.

• Paid Members

Out of nowhere! This club's mental. If it's entirely on The Toddfather and not a little mutual (Tuchel's looked fed up for a while), I think this was harsh, Tuchel showed a lot of patience and loyalty to stick with us through last season under some of the most difficult circumstances a manager could face. He deserved the same back. That said, I can't blame anyone for not being confident things will turn around soon. It's been dire recently and our home record for a long time has been pretty embarrassing. We'll always have Porto though. Legend. 💙

tuchel-ucl-cam-tuchel.gif

I'm excited to see what can potentially be done with our attack under a new manager. Tuchel's system has been death to wingers, strikers and #10s. I think it speaks volumes that by far our best attacker last season, Mount, I'm not sure I could put a name on the role he was playing!

I'm sceptical if Potter has the pubes to be able to handle Chelsea yet, but fuck it, what's the worst that could happen? Taking the risk on Lampard didn't set us that much back in the grand scheme of things.