Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Anyone else quietly pleased the football is off? Spurs played near enough their best team against Marseille, I’m delighted they get more rest before Man City.

Transport and hotel costs down the train notwithstanding and unfortunate for those affected but for those of us restricted to Iraqi Goals….

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Anyone else quietly pleased the football is off? Spurs played near enough their best team against Marseille, I’m delighted they get more rest before Man City.

Transport and hotel costs down the train notwithstanding and unfortunate for those affected but for those of us restricted to Iraqi Goals….

Chelsea fans are. More than half a day for Potter to meet the squad? It's like having ab international break except players are resting. Great time to sack a manager.

Almost...like.. they knew...

It's frustrating more knowing next weeks games will probably be called off as well and then the week afterwards it's international football, so if pans out that way, it be almost a month since we played a Premier league game and to top it off we play Spurs at home on November 1st. If that is how it goes the one positive is we're top of the league for longer. 

Edited by Gooner

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Gooner said:

November 1st.

October 1st! But yeah still, it's crazy. Almost a month between PL games and then not long until the break for the World Cup. I was hoping we'd have the league sewn up by February. 

14 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

October 1st! But yeah still, it's crazy. Almost a month between PL games and then not long until the break for the World Cup. I was hoping we'd have the league sewn up by February. 

I'm losing my mind, I blame football withdrawal symptoms lol. 

I admire you optimism. I was hoping celebrating winning the league on April 26th away against the current champions. Won the league once in Manchester already, seems the fitting time to do it again. 

• Paid Members

I have no specific issue with an All-Star game, but if it's to be split geographically I'd have it as East vs West rather than Boehly's proposed North vs South.

You get essentially the same thing (Mancs & Scousers vs Cockneys, with a few others thrown in) but without it being as politically charged as North vs South sounds.

It's for that reason that I suspect it'd be "random" allocations to two sides with naming rights - Team Nike vs Team Sky or summat. I also suspect it'd never actually be "best of the best", just best available with a minimum number of players provided from every club.

I also suspect it'll never ever happen...

As if the ‘pyramid’ would even see the money, it’s a cash grab for owners such as himself and the figures quoted are extremely skewed as he’s relating it to what the major American sporting leagues (NFL, NBA) pull in - ‘soccer’ doesn’t have that same pull over there and fans over here aren’t going to spend £20 to no doubt have to watch it on a PPV model.

Plus he wants to change relegation to being a 4 team mini-tournament. He’s owned Chelsea for two minutes and is already obsessed with Americanising the game that he’d probably never watch a match of prior to being an owner.

So yeah, fuck that John Torode looking twat.