Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

PSG aside (maybe even a little bit), how much is Chelsea a 'project' club right now? If it's not, it would be a massive disaster. 

It's massively a project club at the moment, based on what the owners are saying. That's why Tuchel seems so safe, he's built up cred and they want to invest long term. It may well even work, though I'm concerned about his volatility.

Well then. Losing to the increasingly unlikeable Liverpool in the 98th minute after only five minutes were added on, after the lads worked so fucking hard and could have easily won 2-0, is a sickener. 

On the plus side, I thought Isak had a wicked game...

...sorry. 

5 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Well then. Losing to the increasingly unlikeable Liverpool in the 98th minute after only five minutes were added on, after the lads worked so fucking hard and could have easily won 2-0, is a sickener. 

...sorry. 

We've always been highly unlikeable. 

And that was funny as fuck. 

15 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

...sorry. 

The nations favourite club beating Saudi Arabia’s Newcastle in the 8th minute of 5 added on is probably the best way to win a game of football. What surprised me most about Newcastle is how many ‘workmanlike’ players are still in their team yet they play very well. There’s no way Mo Salah shouldn’t be getting a sniff against Dan Burn. Once they kick in to the next phase of recruitment they’ll have some team I reckon.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

how many ‘workmanlike’ players

A lot of their signings fit this too. Pope, Trippier, Dan Burn. Botman is a bit of a unit but slow on the turn isn't he? Guimarães is the real exception when it comes to technical ability. Haven't seen enough of Isak but he seems to be quite skilled rather than a kick & rush guy.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is a bit harsh. I'd say he's a lot better than 'workmanlike' 

Maybe it’s because he’s a gruff Northman.

• Paid Members

It's fine though, we're selling Batshuayi to Forest.

This window is a complete reset, Sterling and Fofana aside. Loads of deadwood being cleared by hook or by crook and a couple of stop gaps to (in theory) stay competitive before sorting things out more next year.

When John Terry takes charge.

Doesn't matter anyway, no one else is winning anything in this league until Haaland joins Real Madrid and Pep decides he's bored and goes to PSG.

Edited by Duke