Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Not content with a £60m bid for Gordon, they've now had a £70m bid rejected by Leicester for Fofana. Plus there's the £20-30m for Aubameyang (not sure how I feel about that) that's likely to happen.

Seems to be a bit slap dash though, no? Get in whoever they can and hope it works. Has a touch of the Ed Woodwards about it. I suppose this is the effect of no longer having that team in place to plan and execute squad building, just Boehly playing dinner host to the other chairmen like it's the 70s.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Not content with a £60m bid for Gordon, they've now had a £70m bid rejected by Leicester for Fofana. Plus there's the £20-30m for Aubameyang (not sure how I feel about that) that's likely to happen.

Seems to be a bit slap dash though, no? Get in whoever they can and hope it works. Has a touch of the Ed Woodwards about it. I suppose this is the effect of no longer having that team in place to plan and execute squad building, just Boehly playing dinner host to the other chairmen like it's the 70s.

Honestly, I think it's the result of the sale. The groundwork laying months before the window opened just didn't happen because of sanctions and so they've had to squeeze this all in in the summer. When you combine that with losing 2 CBs, 2 "Strikers" and needing to clear a load of dead wood, a mental window was always to be expected.i think they're having to spend extra money to make negotiations move a lot quicker. Definitely being taken for a ride initially.

In amongst the Auba stuff (only 18 tbf from what I see) and 60m for cucurella and a world record for Fofana they're also spending money on teenagers that they want to bring through slowly over the next few years, which should be good. 

Nothing explains Anthony Gordon though.

• Paid Members

Lots of all Premier League ties in R3 of the Milk Cup (that's right, you heard me) including Man City vs Chelsea. Could be an interesting run to the final with lots of Prem teams biting the dust by default ahead of the next round. What price on a minnow going the distance? 

• Paid Members

I've now watched All Or Nothing*, as with the others it's a fascinating watch. It did lack a bit of insight into some of the manager/player relationships, like you had on occasion with Mourinho (the Danny Rose conversation was a highlight). Xhaka comes across really well throughout and it was interesting hearing his and Arteta's wives talking about taking the negatives (abuse, death threats) as part of the job. 

Aubameyang still comes across as a completely likeable character but not somebody that can lead a team and champion the club values. I don't think there's any more to the story about his departure other than what we've seen. You can really see the Pep influence in Arteta but there's enough of his own management style too. Thought Edu was decent and showed just how much faith he has in Arteta, even sticking by him with things he didn't entirely agree with. 

Saka is a joy. Carlos Cuesta came across really well, I reckon he's had a big impact on some of our younger players with his personal development. He has a great smile. 

*well, I haven't watched the final episode. Fuck that shit, I'm not a masochist. I'm just going to pretend there was a happy ending like China do with some western movies. 

All or Nothing was worth it for Arteta cutting a pre match promo with an actual powered on light bulb in his hands, to make some vague point about the team connecting with one another. He's brilliant. 

Spurs again winning despite being very unconvincing. Not panicking yet (it's only 4 games) but a good performance soon would be really nice please.

I suppose Kane had to miss a penalty some day, but Forest were unlucky, and I thought they were really good. Bit naive, and better play in the final third would've made a massive difference, but they were much the better team for large chunks of that.

Spurs issue in the first half was the back 3s complete inability to play out, keep the ball or pass. A massive problem if that continues to be honest.

All in on Richarlison doing keepy uppies and annoying that prick Carragher though.

"He winds people up...he winds me up!!!" Cry bitch.

Supreme shithousery. 

• Paid Members

Thought we played really well but three mindless bits of defending let us down - letting Kane get the run during the first goal, Steve Cook's idiocy for the penalty, and everyone switching off for the second goal. 

The issue is that Gibbs-White, Lingard and Johnson all play similarly - we could've done with Dennis or Awoniyi on earlier or even starting. O'Brian and Williams were the standouts again for us, but I really do fear an absolute whalloping from City on Wednesday. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

All in on Richarlison doing keepy uppies and annoying that prick Carragher though.

"He winds people up...he winds me up!!!" Cry bitch.

Supreme shithousery. 

This was ace. Will never understand people crymaxing over showboating. The only time I ever liked Neymar was when he was doing rainbow-flicks and pissing people off. Carragher still fears skill.

58162a31e4b04af8c3757999_1477847603932.g