Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Gutted - I had a tenner on Stevie G too. 

Harsh - three very difficult games to navigate in succession. Also, incredibly they are still 17th off the back of their opening day win, so technically safe albeit in the embryonic table. 

Presumably they've got someone new lined up and they've taken a punt on them with a couple of days of the transfer window remaining. 

• Paid Members

Rumblings of a falling out over transfers going around my office. Daft as fuck reaction if its only about results. Far bigger teams will get humped at Anfield without sacking their manager in response.

14 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Rumblings of a falling out over transfers going around my office. Daft as fuck reaction if its only about results. Far bigger teams will get humped at Anfield without sacking their manager in response.

Its not about the results. Its that he's been very public about not being backed by the board. The board have pointed out that he knew the restrictions and how they run the club. Basically he should have resigned if he was unhappy, but instead he's slagged them off, been sacked, protected his rep and got a payout. He can buy more cardigans now

3 hours ago, Factotum said:

Its not about the results. Its that he's been very public about not being backed by the board. The board have pointed out that he knew the restrictions and how they run the club. Basically he should have resigned if he was unhappy, but instead he's slagged them off, been sacked, protected his rep and got a payout. He can buy more cardigans now

I'm curious as to how much say he had over recruitment. They have signed 5 players, only 2 have played in the league so far and 2 haven't even made the bench. I don't think they should have replaced the whole team like Forest but who they have signed just looks like they were preparing for another season in the championship. 

26 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I'm curious as to how much say he had over recruitment. They have signed 5 players, only 2 have played in the league so far and 2 haven't even made the bench. I don't think they should have replaced the whole team like Forest but who they have signed just looks like they were preparing for another season in the championship.

Bournemouth have put a lot in the club and their aim is to develop the young players there and then sign well. They've planned for relegation already I imagine and perhaps know they might need to go down to come up again. I don't really see what Parker's issue was in that he absolutely knew the parameters of his job

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Factotum said:

Bournemouth have put a lot in the club and their aim is to develop the young players there and then sign well. They've planned for relegation already I imagine and perhaps know they might need to go down to come up again. I don't really see what Parker's issue was in that he absolutely knew the parameters of his job

Perhaps he knew the "Plan now for 2 seasons time" strat is completely inane seeing how the Championship is a killer division and the gap between the top teams and specifically Bournemouth is far smaller than the board anticipates.

/hey, there has to be one contrarian opinion to "he took the dive"

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Maybe Pat was right all along and the Champions League was a fluke? 😂

I don't think it was, but I do wonder if he's a brilliant cup manager (after all, this year's champion's league is the first competition since Tuchel has taken charge where they didn't reach the final, which is brilliant) and not great as a league manager. A reverse Conte.

It's fine though, if we sack him we can get Poch in.

3 minutes ago, Duke said:

I don't think it was, but I do wonder if he's a brilliant cup manager (after all, this year's champion's league is the first competition since Tuchel has taken charge where they didn't reach the final, which is brilliant) and not great as a league manager. A reverse Conte.

Oh, I was just being flippant, I don't truly believe that. I do think he lacks man management skills, but tactically he is often spot on.

3 minutes ago, Duke said:

It's fine though, if we sack him we can get Poch in.

Calm Down The Best GIF by FIFA

Poch is telling you to calm down...we don't need to see that.

14 minutes ago, Duke said:

Spurs fans (PSG fans? Do we have any of those?), how much of a disaster do you think it would be?

PSG aside (maybe even a little bit), how much is Chelsea a 'project' club right now? If it's not, it would be a massive disaster. 

If it is, then perfect fit. He would love the young players, and would turn your average players into world beaters. 

He would also LOVE having someone like Jorginho in the team. That is a perfect Poch player. Mount is another. Azpilicueta? Perfect captain for him.

We all know PSG was a mistake, and it should be viewed as an anomaly, but for me he's still one of the best coaches in the world. 

But he is knackering. There is a reason why so many players thrived under him at Spurs, then fell off sharpish. 

It genuinely all depends on where your squad is in terms of profile at the moment in time he becomes an option. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

But he is knackering. There is a reason why so many players thrived under him at Spurs, then fell off sharpish. 

Yeah, I think quite a few modern coaches are. Although the Bayern players were grateful for what Pep did there and the foundations he helped lay in terms of the way they play, at the same time apparently they were relieved when he left as he's exhausting. Physically and mentally. I'd say Klopp and Arteta are similar in that respect. Ancelotti the stark opposite, I don't know how he does it. Incredible character. 

Short term there really doesn't seem to be a project, but long term they have signed a lot of players in the late teens to 21yo bracket this summer. There's surely a plan there beyond the next couple of seasons.