Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

If Liverpool can’t win the league then I can’t think of anything better than Arsenal being top all season then missing out to Spurs on the last day of the season. Failing a deadly pandemic striking again and null and voiding the league for the first time in history.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

If Liverpool can’t win the league then I can’t think of anything better than Arsenal being top all season then missing out to Spurs on the last day of the season

I hope you get bitten by a dog on your next walk, proper Gnasher from The Beano style right on your arse.

Seen a bit of discourse online that Richarlison is being victim blamed for a foul against him. That shit can get in the bin. Showboating is ace, players going through the showboat is also ace. Player going through the showboat but injuring himself is Vince McMahon full climax gif ace.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Seen a bit of discourse online that Richarlison is being victim blamed for a foul against him. That shit can get in the bin. Showboating is ace, players going through the showboat is also ace. Player going through the showboat but injuring himself is Vince McMahon full climax gif ace.

Everyone laps it up when old videos of Okocha or Ronaldinho are shown though.

Football is so boring these days. Can't have fun, can't celebrate a last minute goal or a win from a losing position game, so bland.

I saw Arsenal were getting slated for celebrating their win on Saturday. Now obviously I think every single one of them is a cunt, but what are people talking about? They won the game from being behind with a very late winner. Are they supposed to just clap politely and say "hooray?" Haven't people ridiculed them for years for NOT having an atmosphere?

Or Spurs away at Chelsea the other week. You've scored in the 96th minute against one of your most bitter rivals. Away. You're going to go mental. I bet that most of the people saying "They've celebrating like they've won the league" have never been in an away end.

One of my most precious memories of watching Spurs is being in the away end at Upton Park when Paul Stalteri won it in injury time. It genuinely was like winning a trophy. Football is about singular moments of happiness, and enjoying them, as for most of us, the rest of the time spent watching it is drudgery, not successful and usually a bit depressing.

Get in the bin celebration police*

Football fans are such idiots. The most fun thing about football is the piss taking. Your rivals are shit, you take the piss out of them. You're playing shit, your rivals get to take the piss out of you.

And on it goes in a cyclical fashion and at the end of the season, either Liverpool or City win the trophies. Twitter has only made it worse to be honest. You can't even enjoy something without some virgin coming into someones mentions with "warra trophy" or "L + no one asked + Havertz is clear" Most fans now see a bit of piss taking as a personal attack on them. Get a life.

The keepy uppies was fun, as was the Forest player clattering him (I suspect even Richarlison enjoyed that bit as it's probably what he was looking for)

The biggest crime is that him, Lamela and Romero will never share a pitch. Truly a sad, sad fact.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there.

*Will absolutely at some point in the season take the mickey out of them for overdoing a minor celebration as I truly despise them. That's the way it should be!!!

One of my favourite football experiences was in recent years. We were away at Fleetwood and the away end was standing. Was nil nil going into stoppage time and we got a last kick of the game winner via an own goal from one of our former players. It was beautiful. 

Adebayor against Arsenal is the absolute best celebration and we need more of that sort of thing. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I saw Arsenal were getting slated for celebrating their win on Saturday. Now obviously I think every single one of them is a cunt, but what are people talking about? They won the game from being behind with a very late winner. Are they supposed to just clap politely and say "hooray?" Haven't people ridiculed them for years for NOT having an atmosphere?

This is commonplace with us now. I think it first started after the first Wolves game last season, Ruben Neves moaned that we celebrated as though we'd won the World Cup and the many dogshit pundits jumped on that bandwagon quicker than wrestling nerds on an Adam Bowler post.

I honestly didn't think we celebrated that much on Saturday (and as you say, it was after we grabbed a victory after going behind- isn't that worth celebrating?), but it was enough for the missing link Richard Keys - who can only get employed by a company based in a country that has even lower opinions of women as he does - to start banging on about it. All of the shit pundits, the Jamie O'Haras and Gabi Agbonlahors of this world, need to attach themselves to this sort of mundane forced opinion to give themselves some sort of relevance on Twitter or TalkShite.

Laura Woods, not for the first time, proved that she understands football far more than those sexist dinosaur cunts:

I think they're also a bit annoyed that they can't used one of their favourite clichés at the moment (the Highbury library) because our fans are getting behind this team more than I've seen at this club since we moved to the Emirates. 

Celebrate everything. Look at Conte, that fucking nutter celebrates like a madman, and rightly so. 

• Paid Members

Richarlson showboating was funny. Brennan steamrollering into him was also funny. 

Celebrate every victory like it's your last. Celebrate a point away at WBA in front of your own fans. Celebrate saving a second penalty in as many home games because your defenders are idiots. Life's too fucking short. 

• Paid Members

Good to see Keys becoming a fat bastard. Also love Gray getting lost in the nostalgia of yesteryear, pulling out "celebrating like they've won the FA Cup" as his go to "big accomplishment". He probably thinks every house in Britain still drops everything to watch it whether their team's involved or not.