Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
On 9/12/2022 at 6:00 PM, Teedy Kay said:

I'm so happy!

Our Media team have been pretty fucking good this Summer too.

Quick sidenote - one of my old colleagues has done some video work with them (not this one sadly!) but he said the main Wolves media folk were great to work with - some of the team are Wolves fans which obviously helps (you'd be surprised - at most clubs it's quite a mix in terms of who they support depending on their upbringing etc) and they are apparently given quite a lot of creative license to suggest cool stuff as well. It's rare they have pitches for things turned down. Seems like their higher-ups are ken to keep that going and their channels do look the business. I like the graphics they're using this year for teamsheets for instance....

...still haven't forgiven your mob for Kevin Muscat though. 

P.S Big Iwan at the double 🔰🍆💦

3 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

As if the ‘pyramid’ would even see the money, it’s a cash grab for owners such as himself and the figures quoted are extremely skewed as he’s relating it to what the major American sporting leagues (NFL, NBA) pull in - ‘soccer’ doesn’t have that same pull over there and fans over here aren’t going to spend £20 to no doubt have to watch it on a PPV model.

Plus he wants to change relegation to being a 4 team mini-tournament. He’s owned Chelsea for two minutes and is already obsessed with Americanising the game that he’d probably never watch a match of prior to being an owner.

So yeah, fuck that John Torode looking twat.

I mainly see their All Star games as equivalent to international games. We have every country trying to qualify for the World Cup, that's where we see the best vs the best. It's pretty much pointless. 

38 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My god that looks fucking tremendous 

Anyway, all star games are shit and what the public really wants to see instead is a big Premier League Wembley Doubles competition. 

Bring back the Evening Standard London Fives.

Happy memories of going to that, even though I'm sure Spurs didn't even play when I went!

• Paid Members

He was born three months before my bloody wedding, and around the same time most of this country signed up to Facebook. Two months before Thierry Henry left for Barcelona too.

Garth Crooks is in fine form tonight on his Team of the Week column. He's waffling on about the roots of Akanji's name for some reason and then his write-up of Xhaka is basically him going on about how he doesn't like him and thinks Arsenal should have got rid of him years ago. All whilst including him in his team of the week. 

Screenshot_20220918_214534.jpg.ca0083811ef73e74c748db49a33f73a7.jpg

Does he like Granit Xhaka? Well, you know how it goes.

• Paid Members

It's always nice to see new comps of Cudicini come out. He's underappreciated. Not the best keeper we've ever had but he's my favourite. Freak reflexes and agility. The saves from the Anderton/Redknapp flick-up volley, the Van Nistelrooy header and the Gerrard rocket (though the one slowed down angle here doesn't really do it justice) would all feature high on my best saves ever list, all from the same season!

I can't believe he cost less than what we pay for Kepa per fortnight, ffs.

1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

It's always nice to see new comps of Cudicini come out. He's underappreciated. Not the best keeper we've ever had but he's my favourite. Freak reflexes and agility. The saves from the Anderton/Redknapp flick-up volley, the Van Nistelrooy header and the Gerrard rocket (though the one slowed down angle here doesn't really do it justice) would all feature high on my best saves ever list, all from the same season!

I can't believe he cost less than what we pay for Kepa per fortnight, ffs.

I've just remembered that he was at Spurs as well and broke his wrist on a motorbike IIRC. Very Spursy.

48 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s a crime they didn’t get Rooney back for that advert. 

Rooney, Carsley, Gravesen, all the bald lads.

On the subject of Gravesen, one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a game was when we beat Everton 5-2 on New Years Day (I was sick all over the WHL Park Lane concourse spew fact fans) and this guy was giving him shit all game, "Oi shhhhlapheeeeeaaaad" etc and so when he came to take a throw in near us he looked at him, Gravesen started patting the top of his head and screamed "Oi uglyyyyyyyyyyyyy" at the man.

The whole stand popped.