Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Went to my first Norwich City away game in months last night with a hastily arranged jaunt down to the Mad Stad, or the 'Select Car Leasing Stadium' as it currently known. In an annoying location to get to but inside it does look the part. 

...Fuck, Norwich fans love a moan. We're now nine unbeaten and level on points in second place (behind to Sheffield United on goal difference) and the vast majority are still moaning about Dean Smith, how we play crap football, etc. We're not exactly playing like Brazil but I think we've become too arrogant and far too conditioned to expect total Championship dominance. Our fanbase is an odd, eclectic mix - we have a group of younger fans trying to generate a better atmosphere (got a drum and everything), but there's still a big portion of muttering, elderly idiots that can resist a good whinge. It creates an odd divide at home and away games. 

We'll go up. Then probably come down again. We're the modern day boing boing West Brom. 

Paul Ince is doing a fantastic job there - he's quietly assembled a squad with a good blend of youth and experience and they have real physicality - they've got big Andy Carroll up front who played really well last night, and they've got strong and pacy wingers that can leave you on the floor at a moment's notice. 

I've decided the Haaland thing is fun. It's exactly what the whole resigned inevitability vibe of City's various ascendancies have needed to make it all a bit of a laugh. I'm willing it to get as ridiculous as possible now. 

It's a bit like all the mad soccerball ideas American owners are coming out with. The Premier League's a made for TV circus, and nobody does a circus like the Americans. It ain't about to revert back into some nostalgic idealism that may or may not have ever been there, so fuck it. Go nuts. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Haaland is 9 goals off last season's golden boot. There's 30 games to go. This is absolutely ridiculous.

He'll get 50 won't he? This is all Roy Keane's fault. 

It's worse when you think he's not going to the World Cup so has a month off to rest up and pick apart all those tired defenders after Christmas. Barring an injury he's going to smash every record going this year at a canter. 

It’s obviously shit for people who don’t support City but at the same time big lumbering forwards smashing entire football teams apart is one of the best things about football and it’s so rare to see players like him these days. I’ll enjoy him more when he plays for a more likeable club, like Real Madrid.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell that match nearly killed me. Massive, MASSIVE win. Love seeing how much progress this team has made over the past 18 months, they look so confident out there. In recent years we fall to shit during this fixture and our composure is gone. This could be the year we finally crack the top 4 again. Who knows, we might even win the 'best of the other 19 teams' honours if we keep this up. 

That's the first time I've seen Arsenal not play that well this season and win, and even though Liverpool were pretty poor (cycling off is it?) that's still an impressive win*

Saka was brilliant, surely he starts for England in the World Cup?

Shame they continue to play and praise that prick in midfield. Absolute shitshow.

Also, noticed that Kane has 8 in 9 league games which is amazing form...unless you put him next to that blonde freak who is just being silly. Someone make up a nonce rumour about him please.

*I hate myself anyway so I don't care that I've been positive about them....oh what am I doing? Bottling coward cunts, pathetic fanbase, fuck off back to Woolwich. Ah, that's better.

Yes, please get to the phase where you offer your best players £350k a week and they turn to shit and get forced out the club. There’s nothing left for me to look forward to this season at the very least Arsenal can get to Arsenaling quicker.

• Paid Members

Steve Bruce's severance swizzle at the Hawthorns is now complete. Someone throw up the Dyche signal AFTER Bristol City fluke a point next week.

1 hour ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

How long until he shifts all the blame onto the fans?

I mean he'd already had a moan about those nasty Newcastle fans, in an interview last weekend, so I fully expect it to be our fault by this afternoon but hey ho, never mind. I'm too busy watching 'That fella that got Bournemouth relegated' work wonders with 'Players who aren't good enough for the Premier League'!