The HHH Era has arrived

Loki

15 hours ago, Nick James said:

Sami sole survivor on a team consisting of Jey, Jimmy, Sami and Solo has to happen. This is where you start Sami's run to Wrestlemania. The man should be going over Roman with KO going over the other champ. Magic.

This was my first thought at Clash at the Castle when Solo debuted. Was there much speculation hence the Survivors sell out? Hope it doesn't end up being Raw vs SD in the end too. I assume one male one female match is that plan here. 

Feel bad for Trippers though that he can't perform in one as this was about the last thing he wanted on his bucket list I'm guessing. 

Edited by simonworden

12 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd love to give the new stuff a go but as long as Michael Cole is on commentary...

Cole is excellent when he’s not operating through the filter of Vince McMahon. 

9 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently WWE has been randomly playing an acoustic version of 'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane at shows and the videos make it look pretty cool, eerie and intriguing.

I like stuff like that. As has been said, its nice to have someone booking who clearly likes wrestling. Colour me intrigued. 

I’d bet good money on this being linked to the return of Bray Wyatt. Which I’m actually OK with. He gets a hard time on here, rightfully so, but as with Michael Cole, that was Wyatt through the filter of Vince McMahon. Triple H has already shown that there are plenty of reasons to have faith in his vision. 

57 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I tried watching RAW this morning but just couldn't get past the first hour, everything was dragging on and that horrible women's promo that never ended. I feel like a shorter Smackdown might be better for me if things are paced faster?

For me, Raw is an outstanding 2-hour show dragged out. I just fast-forward through the bits that drag, watch the stuff I do like, and as a result it’s great fun. Granted, it’s not the ideal way to watch a show, but the strong content is good enough for me to not feel too arsed about that. 

Smackdown is definitely a breezier watch, but Raw has a lot going for it.

15 hours ago, Nick James said:

Sami sole survivor on a team consisting of Jey, Jimmy, Sami and Solo has to happen. This is where you start Sami's run to Wrestlemania. The man should be going over Roman with KO going over the other champ. Magic.

That would have been the way to go for me too, but now its War Games that obviously isn't going to happen.

Surely we're looking at a 5 on 5 for the mens match, Bloodline vs Drew, KO, Brawling Brutes? Not sure who else would be on the good guy side unless they are looking at a team lead by Logan Paul.

• Paid Members

I've given WWE a few chances over the past month or so and I just can't get on board with it. Even under Hunter's direction, it still feels so overly produced and scripted to me. I usually end up turning off about 30 minutes in.

I do like how they seem to have largely got rid of the '20 minute Raw match ends in a DQ' trope, but '20 minute Raw match ends in a distraction finish' isn't a great alternative.

The fact they've seemingly picked a few guys like Owens who they really want to build up and focus on is a step in the right direction too.

It is nice to see so many people on here enjoying it though! Long may that continue.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I just hope Hunter doesn't ruin the momentum by signing up AEW's cast-offs when they start appearing. Nothing will send me back to WCW Saturday Nights faster than the Undisputed Era doing a run-in on Raw.

You're telling me Bobby Fish wouldn't enhance your viewing experience?!