The HHH Era has arrived

Loki

On 7/26/2022 at 4:00 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Hopefully the commentary will be better now that they won’t have Vince shouting in their ear. Plus fingers crossed they get rid of all those weird rules for promos/commentary that Vince brought in like not using the word wrestling or title belt etc. 

it seems to be starting, thank god. 

• Paid Members
On 7/30/2022 at 5:26 PM, Loki said:

You are all joshing, but with HBK running NXT and Haitch running the big show, it seems like a natural progression to bring in Big Sexy in some role or other.  They all lived and breathed wrestling for years, and Nash in interviews is smart and aware of modern wrestling trends.

The Kliq booking Raw would at least be interesting!

Weirdly I've never been able to imagine the Kliq as actual friends. Nash, Waltman and Hall, yes absolutely. All three seem to have the same vibe but HBK and Triple H just seem like completely different people to them. The idea of cross eyed Christian nutjob HBK hanging out with the world's coolest and sexiest man Kevin Nash feels completely alien to me.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The idea of cross eyed Christian nutjob HBK hanging out with the world's coolest and sexiest man Kevin Nash feels completely alien to me.

When they were thrown together in 1993 they bonded instantly because they both loved wrestling and drinking beer. Makes perfect sense. The whole group throughout the mid-90s was four lads who loved various combinations of beer, dope or pills, and were passionate about the wrestling. Then in 1995 they met Hunter who also loved the wrestling, and did the driving.

It didn't seem to be mentioned in this thread but Triple H had a lengthy chat with Logan Paul on the latter's YouTube channel the other day, it's worth checking out I think. Trips touched on the Attitude Era, the difference between working in stadiums and smaller venues, NXT, storytelling, using social media, his marriage etc. I especially enjoyed him talking about the Summerslam triple threat match with Kurt Angle and the Rock (the one where Kurt was taken backstage for much of it).

I've barely taken in any of Logan Paul's... career as a famous person, or whatever he did first, but he was on best behaviour here. Well, of course he was. Is he a real bad'un? Like, wrestling-level bad'un? Or just a knob?

40 minutes ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I've barely taken in any of Logan Paul's... career as a famous person, or whatever he did first, but he was on best behaviour here. Well, of course he was. Is he a real bad'un? Like, wrestling-level bad'un? Or just a knob?

He hasn’t nonced anyone or anything (as far as I know) but the Japan suicide forest thing wasn’t the best look. 

45 minutes ago, Mr.Showtime said:

It didn't seem to be mentioned in this thread but Triple H had a lengthy chat with Logan Paul on the latter's YouTube channel the other day, it's worth checking out I think. Trips touched on the Attitude Era, the difference between working in stadiums and smaller venues, NXT, storytelling, using social media, his marriage etc. I especially enjoyed him talking about the Summerslam triple threat match with Kurt Angle and the Rock (the one where Kurt was taken backstage for much of it).

The general consensus seems to be that Logan acts the tit on camera but is actually a pretty solid skin, but Jakes a prick.

• Paid Members

I've heard Logan's a wanker too - but perhaps more of an unthinking one. Back when he was only doing the Youtube personality thing, he got into a lot of trouble for uploading a video of himself walking around a forest in Japan because it was infamous for being a suicide spot.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

he got into a lot of trouble for uploading a video of himself walking around a forest in Japan because it was infamous for being a suicide spot.

Wasn't it much worse than that? Like he actually found a dead body and actually carried on filming? 

Could be rubbish but that's the story I remember. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Wasn't it much worse than that? Like he actually found a dead body and actually carried on filming? 

Could be rubbish but that's the story I remember. 

Ah, yes - you're absolutely right. He was basically being a vacuous tourist in a place of tragedy. Like those idiots who take selfies at Auschwitz, but worse.