The HHH Era has arrived

Loki

• Paid Members

I think it will probably be a gradual change in terms of what goes on in the ring, but the biggest one will come when Kevin Dunn goes, but if Borash does get the nod how weird would it be to tune into Raw or Smackdown and there's one of those weird sweeping drone shots of the crowd opening the show like they used to have in TNA when Bischoff was there. 

1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

They're at MSG tonight. Good place for an attempt at starting a new direction.

Especially with 29,000 people there to see it! 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DCW said:

Bruce being sent back to planet Conrad, hopefully. No way back this time either.

I think that's inevitable, and I'd not be surprised if he jumps even in the seemingly unlikely event he doesn't get pushed. He's so closely tied to Vince, it feels to me like he only went back as a favour in the first place.

The fact they've kept the podcast alive throughout everything suggests how lucrative it must be, and with Vince gone I see no reason why he'd keep working any kind of schedule when you can make a pretty damn good living listening to Conrad read from the Observer for 90 minutes a week.

On the Kevin Dunn replacement - I seem to recall reading somewhere a couple of years ago that people expected Michael Cole to get that job if/when Hunter (who allegedly despises Dunn) ascended?

HHH definitely ported some of the Dunn-isms to NXT. I remember when Balor debuted down in Florida and they had to shoot something like 4 minutes of him posing on the turnbuckle (in the script as "physicality") facing the hard cam to get it right, only at that time there was no crowd behind the hard cam and the whole thing came off as ridiculously false. Nothing in NXT felt particularly natural or organic, but at least you would get some matches that felt a bit gritty.

• Paid Members

Given that most of Hunters influence on NXT past seemed to be about making a wrestling show more like a wrestling show from a booking point of view, I just hope he’s able to extend his influence into production. Maybe watches how the show is actually coming across and decides they don’t need 37 cuts per minute and that they’re making a wrestling show, not a ropey fight movie.

Raw is NXT wouldn't work. The wider Audience in wrestling has always came from big guys doing less. Raw needs it’s Next Nash than it does it’s NXT anyone 

5 minutes ago, Louch said:

Raw is NXT wouldn't work. The wider Audience in wrestling has always came from big guys doing less. Raw needs it’s Next Nash than it does it’s NXT anyone 

As a whole, absolutely right - you don't just want to lift and shift the entirety of NXT and place it on RAW. However there are definitely bits and pieces they can learn from how NXT built stars and wrestlers that people cared about. Even going back to how someone like Keith Lee was presented at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble - let's ignore his long term booking.. that's more of what they need to do. It's not difficult. They just don't care most of the time.