Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Vamp said:

I love how Punk briefly pretends that it's about Naomi and Sasha and then just ends with "they did it to me."

Needless to say, he had the last laugh.

• Paid Members

I don't think CM Punk was intending to make it about himself and I think his overall point is being missed in lieu of being snarky about his end remark there. Sure, he has form for making things about himself and, yes, he can be a complain-o-matic but on this occasion I don't think that was his intention.

His overriding point is correct whether Lesnar came back or not. We all know damn well that WWE wouldn't have issued any on-air statement about him not turning up because they would lose one of the only two stars that people would switch the channel to see for good, so Lesnar ultimately appearing on Smackdown was little more than a smokescreen. Punk's also right about Naomi and Sasha Banks, and the naivety people have in believing that Vince McMahon won't continue to be a driving force behind WWE creative.

And people are placing their faith in Triple H? Yeah, because his history is a uniformly positive and progressive one, isn't it.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Factotum said:

He's not wrong about the culture there though.

That's the thing, really. It's mad, though depressingly common, to think that changing the man at the top of a corrupt organisation will somehow automatically reform everything wrong with that organisation and completely change the culture within it - doubly so when he's being replaced by two people who have worked under him the entire time that he was doing everything that forced him to leave, when one of those people has literally never worked anywhere else, and when they're both his immediate family. 

Triple H, WWE's writing staff, and an awful lot of other people, are going to be in for a shock when they have to start taking criticism themselves without being able to pass the buck with, "yeah, but the old man at the top..." every time. 

Punk should be bitter about the horrid fucks. Saint Paul didn't put a stop to any of the shit they pulled on him post leaving with his wedding etc. Toxic culture that seeps down, except Triple H likes skulls and bullying and Vince likes blondes and bullying. 

Hasn't there been ample testimony from past and present talent over the last few years that - for all their corporatised misgivings - Triple H and Stephanie are fairly decent to work for? Granted a lot of that was them being compared directly to Vince but Triple H in particular I've always pegged into the 'people change' category over the last few years. Enough people in the business seem to be saying with sincerity that he's a good egg. 

And of course that could quickly change in the next few months as he starts to feel the weight of the crowd (the metaphorical one, not any number of literal ones he's worn) but there's enough about him for me to suggest there's at least a bit of optimism there that things can improve. 

11 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Enough people in the business seem to be saying with sincerity that he's a good egg. 

But when that business is full to the brim with absolute wankers, their idea of a good egg may not be the same as yours or mine. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chili said:

Punk should be bitter about the horrid fucks. Saint Paul didn't put a stop to any of the shit they pulled on him post leaving with his wedding etc. Toxic culture that seeps down, except Triple H likes skulls and bullying and Vince likes blondes and bullying. 

I don’t think we really need to get into what Triple H likes…

katie-vick-wwe.png

I always assumed it was blood money rather than a gun to the head that made him headline a bin Salman propaganda show, but I guess you can never be sure.

I don't for a second think he's some brave new moral vanguard. He's definitely a product of the system and that goes right down to a handy, in built "The Saudi thing? We bring smiles to faces" shite. 

I'm just...still into this thing and will take any possibility of slow improvement with subdued optimism. 

Desperate times, I know. 

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

His overriding point is correct whether Lesnar came back or not. We all know damn well that WWE wouldn't have issued any on-air statement about him not turning up because they would lose one of the only two stars that people would switch the channel to see for good, so Lesnar ultimately appearing on Smackdown was little more than a smokescreen. Punk's also right about Naomi and Sasha Banks, and the naivety people have in believing that Vince McMahon won't continue to be a driving force behind WWE creative.

I think you're underestimating how petty they are. They did it with Austin when he left. They did it with Warrior. They ridiculed Hogan after he went to WCW. They shit on everyone.

It's just, rightly or wrongly, people looked past it to make more money. 

Imagine the scenes when Vince takes the last stunner of his life then Chatterton runs down to surprise count the unofficial pin. Maybe throw in a hug and handshake just to show there’s no hard feelings.

Worse fans of anything ever.