Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

It gets me that these multi billion $ companies can just spend money and noone bats an eyelid at the time of $5m just being spent with noone saying 'what's this for?'

I bet that was the feeling around the board room when he bought WCW for the same amount of money. 

Vince decision to go public with the company so he can call himself a billionaire finally comes back and bites him  20+ years later. 

If he hadn't done that he'd only have himself to answer to and all the perversion and fucked up shit could have continued till his deathbed, and been paid off without any reprisal, pretty much like the 20 years that preceded it. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Daddymagic said:

I think but might be wrong that it was recorded as Vince expenses when clearly it was something a little more than that. 
Plus Vince was meant to be pay them the cash not WWE

Nope, it's the opposite. Vince spent the money himself. However, the payoff related to his job and benefitted the company, so it should have been listed on the accounts as a company expense, regardless of who actually provided the money.

Not listing it on the accounts made the company look better than it should have, which is why the SEC are interested. 

Edit: It sounds like Vince didn't tell the company he did this and this dropped them in it and that's why they forced him out.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

So it turns out that if you look at the amounts and dates, the two "newly discovered" payments possibly/likely aren't NDA payoffs but rather Donald Trump's fee for WrestleMania in 2007 and the new owner of RAW storyline in 2009.

It was already known he didn't get paid directly but rather the money went to the totally-legit, not-a-scam charity, the Trump Foundation. Now it appears it was Vince personally who made the payments and given what it's for, it should clearly have been listed as a company expense. 

Edited by JNLister

Is it too much to hope for that a Trump-adjacent factor to the story could spring it further up the mainstream news totem pole? Even if it's not Donny Two Scoops being accused of impropriety for once, his name attached makes for juicier headlines.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Is it too much to hope for that a Trump-adjacent factor to the story could spring it further up the mainstream news totem pole? Even if it's not Donny Two Scoops being accused of impropriety for once, his name attached makes for juicier headlines.

I’m hoping for speculation that those payoffs resulted in Linda getting a job in Trumps administration. 

They'd donated enough publicly to his campaign that any such speculation ought to have been made the moment she was appointed, but there was already so much to write about Trump by that point that it never really got much attention. So anything that invites a recap on all that is welcome in my book.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

They'd donated enough publicly to his campaign that any such speculation ought to have been made the moment she was appointed, but there was already so much to write about Trump by that point that it never really got much attention. So anything that invites a recap on all that is welcome in my book.

Oh absolutely. There is zero connection between the two but I also would like it mentioned seeing the pair of cunts are under fire at the moment and some guilt by association rubs off on Vince. 

Would be definitely great to see Linda get in on this action. She's the fucking XFL of career politicians, absolutely greased in there with back pats and wads of cash in the coat pocket. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m hoping for speculation that those payoffs resulted in Linda getting a job in Trumps administration. 

Surely that's not even speculation, but blindingly obvious and widely accepted?

This is also the company/family that donated a shitload to Trump's releection committee in Florida right as the Republican governor of Florida decided WWE wrestlers counted as essential workers. It's not like they are trying to hide this stuff.