Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

Thing is… what’s it all for? What’s the purpose?

Like, I didn’t expect him to care about wrestling when it really came down to it. But I presumed these batshit old rich types at least wanted to leave a legacy, and something for their families to benefit from for generations.

But his children are literally at the top of the tree, it’s perfect, and he’s just like ‘nah, cut the branches and let them fall’.

What a tragically self-interested arsehole.

I think this is just Vince losing his sense of purpose and having his ego bruised. He knows he has majority voting rights and holds the cards. He knows he won't actually kill the company, but I don't think he really cares if it takes a knock, so long as he is in the centre of it all.

His argument makes no sense from the perspective of a sale. I don't think his involvement helps them improve their terms at all. They are already run by an expert negotiator and experienced sports agent. They'll have an army of media rights negotiators and they have the resources to get the absolute best M&A people around. Vince's will for involvement is deeper than he suggests.

Net result here, I think, is that they get a sale negotiated with Universal but it is going to be complicated and won't be done quickly at all. Vince actually makes it more complicated.

I imagine the selling consortium will just conveniently forget to text him that day. It's a bit like getting the meeting with the label done and dusted when Ozzy is still passed out in the bathtub. 

• Paid Members

Good lord, what a hilarious lunatic he is. Must have been going stir crazy in his retirement to pull this shit. Only a matter of time before he's back in the hot seat and everything Triple H has done gets torn apart. All the old NXT lot that recently got brought back better start updating their CVs now in preparation.

Edited by LaGoosh

To be honest, this was always going to happen. As so many have pointed out, he really is a mad old bastard! What has he been doing since leaving? A man who’s workaholic lifestyle is extreme even for most workaholics. Let’s not forget that all that coke and the steroids in the 80’s has probably fucked his brain up. There was no way he was going to sit at home all day. He probably drove to the office everyday and sat in his car outside until security went over to see him, leading him to drive off in a screech of car tires. Only to repeat it the next day, and the next day.....

IMO Vince is definitely of a ‘if I can’t have it, no-one can’ mentality. He’d probably prefer to stand atop Titan Towers, with it all burning beneath him like James Cagney (it could be that this is the plan – hence why they’re getting a new HQ just ahead of his inferno meltdown!)

What is the biggest shocker is that this is one of the best storylines WWE have done in ages, intrigue, emotion and sudden swerves, but unfortunately it’s not even on their shows!   

Edited by The Reverend

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Good lord, what a hilarious lunatic he is. Must have been going stir crazy in his retirement to pull this shit. Only a matter of time before he's back in the hot seat and everything Triple H has done gets torn apart. All the old NXT lot that recently got brought back better start updating their CVs now in preparation.

The way this often works to try and oust someone is when sponsors and media partners get involved. Unless an NBC or Fox exec is in his ear saying we're pulling our deals or not renewing, there's a decent chance he'll get away with what he plans to do.

If no one but the wrestling community kicks up a fuss he'll get what he wants. Wall Street will just focus on the For Sale sign and the money that can made from it.