Vince McMahon is back. "I hear ya a racist now, father?"

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Has Vince pulled a George Lucas and edited his appearance at WrestleMania out yet?

To be fair Snoop Dogg was the saviour of the scene so he'll need to be edited out too. People like him don't win at WrestleMania.

When I had that conversation many years ago with former keffer tsve, I posed Koko B Ware vs Butch Reed at Mania 3 as an exception and he replied "That's even worse! Brother vs brother for whitey's entertainment!"

• Paid Members

A friend of mine, who is now a wrestler, once tried to dispute his brother's argument that wrestling was racist. His brother brought up how the WWF made a black guy play a black nationalist, a voodoo witchdoctor and a pimp, and that it was all the same guy. The counterpoint was, "but they made Booker T a King!". 

40 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Is it wrong that when the news broke of the FBI subpoena and search, I immediately assumed they were just checking to see if Trump had given him some classified documents as a souvenir?

"I got them to print off all the dirt they got on you during the steroid trial, so you can go ahead and burn that now and get some sleep at last."

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

New LA Times piece on the government investigation. Couple of little nuggets in there, like Vince seeing the WWE Board of Directors of an act of disloyalty. 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-09-20/vince-mcmahon-last-stand-wrestling-wwe-sold-endeavor

What is that photo of Vince at the start?! :D

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Interesting read in places. Didn't know Vince was actually from North Carolina originally. Must've worked to ditch the southern accent.

The only really worthwhile/new bit of the recent biography of Vince is about his childhood. Perhaps unsurprisingly 90% of his "I was a real badass, always getting into trouble" stories appear to be BS, but the real revelation is that he did backyarding!

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Interesting read in places. Didn't know Vince was actually from North Carolina originally. Must've worked to ditch the southern accent.

He mentions it at one of the IYH shows when he's on commentary, just blurts out "Pinehurst North Carolina, birthplace of Vince McMahon"