1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’m not saying it’s related, but:

Bless them. Making out as if workers getting stiffed by a promoter on pay is some new and uncommon phenomenon.

For all their faults, I do think's an ungenerous reading of what they've said - they're saying that they've been made aware of (presumably) the issues with 1PW, and (badly) signposting where talent might find some support with that, and that their report and Equity's work deals with prior instances of this, not that it's a new phenomenon.

The problem is that they probably haven't "been made aware of allegations", they've probably just read it on Twitter the same as most of the rest of us, and that they don't really have any concrete support in place for anyone who hasn't been paid, they're just directing people towards a good practice sharing session which, as with most good things the APPG have managed, was mostly the work of others and not themselves, and doesn't (currently) offer any practical support.

But I don't think they're saying that this is some new and shocking thing, just something that is within their purview, and trying to comment on it in a politically neutral way, which ends up being close to meaningless as a result. 

• Paid Members

I think also that there's simply an element of encouraging people to just get these stories on record. We all know about all this stuff, but how many people have actually had it documented in a central space overseen with a body that potentially could start dealing with it or referring it to people who can deal with it, rather than just a load of stories, and the odd court case which ends up constituting an "individual example" and not a part of a general body of compiled evidence?

Edited by Carbomb

3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’m not saying it’s related, but:

IMG_2619.thumb.jpeg.9327df83430d93bc8cd8f9b4767a1777.jpeg

Bless them. Making out as if workers getting stiffed by a promoter on pay is some new and uncommon phenomenon.

'We brought it up in our report but have done nothing about it'.

I don't mean to sound horrible but what is the point of the APPG?

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

'We brought it up in our report but have done nothing about it'.

I don't mean to sound horrible but what is the point of the APPG?

Come on, Rome wasn’t built in a day, same probably can’t be said for 1PW

4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Apparently Necro Butch is over for some hardcore tournament they're running in December.

I was curious on the price but the tickets section of the sites warning me it's not secure.

Is his MAGA shtick legit? I mean anyone in XPW is a dickhead but he seems to have gone off on the deep end.

8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is his MAGA shtick legit? I mean anyone in XPW is a dickhead but he seems to have gone off on the deep end.

A couple of years ago, he was very vocally pro-Trump and right wing on social media. I don't know if he stills thinks like that or is parodying himself now. It definitely seems the complete opposite of how he used to think (or how he came across, at least). 

I think this is at least the second time Gauntley has tried to bring Butcher over. My memories might be getting mixed up, but there was a deathmatch tournament planned for Sheffield after the 'successful' first PW101 show. I pre-bought tickets, like an absolute idiot, and the show got cancelled. Steven still owes me money for that, but the excuses and avoiding not refunding me were such a headache I gave up.