1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

2 hours ago, Ro_y Disco said:

think this is at least the second time Gauntley has tried to bring Butcher over. My memories might be getting mixed up, but there was a deathmatch tournament planned for Sheffield after the 'successful' first PW101 show. I pre-bought tickets, like an absolute idiot, and the show got cancelled. Steven still owes me money for that, but the excuses and avoiding not refunding me were such a headache I gave up. 

The amount of people burnt by him over the years it's incredible he's still going and people keep giving him money. 

13 hours ago, Ro_y Disco said:

A couple of years ago, he was very vocally pro-Trump and right wing on social media. I don't know if he stills thinks like that or is parodying himself now. It definitely seems the complete opposite of how he used to think (or how he came across, at least). 

I think this is at least the second time Gauntley has tried to bring Butcher over. My memories might be getting mixed up, but there was a deathmatch tournament planned for Sheffield after the 'successful' first PW101 show. I pre-bought tickets, like an absolute idiot, and the show got cancelled. Steven still owes me money for that, but the excuses and avoiding not refunding me were such a headache I gave up. 

Offer to accept payments in installments, seems his way of doing things now.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Offer to accept payments in installments, seems his way of doing things now.

First you get the bread. Then the next month he sends the butter. The month after that you get the first slice of ham.

21 hours ago, Daddymagic said:

The amount of people burnt by him over the years it's incredible he's still going and people keep giving him money. 

People don't or seem unwilling to learn from other people's dealings with Mr Gauntley.

Regarding owing wrestlers money a lot of the modern breed seem to have the attitude that it won't happen to them and this was emphasised when the company was relaunched and people who had dealt with him previously or read the book warned them.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TimmyB said:

Regarding owing wrestlers money a lot of the modern breed seem to have the attitude that it won't happen to them and this was emphasised when the company was relaunched and people who had dealt with him previously or read the book warned them.

I don't think it's fair to point the finger at "the modern breed" when he had the likes of Greg Burridge, Ulf Hermann, Mark Haskins, Martin Stone and Doug Williams heavily featured in the comeback shows, all of whom have had plenty of experience with Gauntley. 

26 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't think it's fair to point the finger at "the modern breed" when he had the likes of Greg Burridge, Ulf Hermann, Mark Haskins, Martin Stone and Doug Williams heavily featured in the comeback shows, all of whom have had plenty of experience with Gauntley. 

Good point well made. Changed to:

"Regarding owing wrestlers money a lot of them seem to have the attitude that it won't happen to them and this was emphasised when the company was relaunched and people who had dealt with him previously or read the book warned them.

Even more surprising are the people who had previous experience with Mr Gauntley."

3 hours ago, TimmyB said:

Good point well made. Changed to:

"Regarding owing wrestlers money a lot of them seem to have the attitude that it won't happen to them and this was emphasised when the company was relaunched and people who had dealt with him previously or read the book warned them.

Even more surprising are the people who had previous experience with Mr Gauntley."

Maybe it's the 'well he never conned ME' mentality that some people have.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies, I didn't see this was already posted above! 

According to the Companies House listing, Gauntley has resigned as a director, leaving no directors on the listing.

Under "People with significant control" both Gauntley and Liam Smedley are listed as ceased.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13503152/officers

Edited by rAZN
Apologising for not seeing Daaaaaad!'s post!

35 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

“The rats are fleeing the ship”

Coming from a guy who’s already fled the boat once and then got back on 

As mentioned there are a few that fit in that category.

If I get burnt in a business deal then I don't deal with that person/organisation again and I genuinely want to know why it's different in wrestling.