1PW Returns

ReturnOfTheMack

Maybe he's finally twigged that using the ticket sales for a future show to fund his current one isn't such a great business model after all?! Who knew?!! Has he successfully run any business? I've heard stories of people being conned out of their money when he was advertising the sale of miniature arcade cabinets! McGuinness always had it right. The first thing he does when he gets to the venue is locate the promoter and make sure both he and his opponent get paid in full.

A few people who worked there have alluded to the situation, Man Like Dereiss posting a photo of him & Leon Slater with the 1PW tag belts with the caption “CURSED” for example.

But the first wrestler I have seen to properly address it is Amir Jordan: 

IMG_8007.jpeg

• Paid Members

From the 1PW Facebook

As you will know the last few weeks have been a state of flux for the company. Changes of shareholding, directorship and infrastructure. 

There was a buyer in place that was going to purchase the company and move forward, but during their due diligence process, further elements came into play at no fault of the potential buyer.

Today I have taken responsibility as 100% owner and the only director of 1PW LTD, and I feel it is in the best interests of our amazing fans, colleagues and the companies creditors, for me to push forward with the brand. 

I can humbly accept that mistake were made, and I am eager to fix them as my first priority. 

I will be communicating with and working with the companies creditors directly going forward. 

From Monday a new dedicated customer service email will be published, and fans with outstanding merchandise and ticketing enquiries will all be dealt with as a matter of urgency. 

October 28th will be going ahead, and I will have more news for you next week regarding that. 

I want to wish all previous shareholders and directors all the best in their future endeavours, and most importantly I’d like to thank the fantastic 1PW fanbase for your support and understanding whilst I take on the massive task ahead

Long. Live. 1PW 

Steven Gauntley

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack
Can't quote tag right these days

• Paid Members

What could possibly go wrong? The man that did a show in November 2005, announced Bret Hart for the return in January then by December was implying in internal emails that he'd spent all the money already and didn't know if the company was able to continue. If anyone can satisfy those creditors, it's him.

2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

From the 1PW Facebook

As you will know the last few weeks have been a state of flux for the company. Changes of shareholding, directorship and infrastructure. 

There was a buyer in place that was going to purchase the company and move forward, but during their due diligence process, further elements came into play at no fault of the potential buyer.

Today I have taken responsibility as 100% owner and the only director of 1PW LTD, and I feel it is in the best interests of our amazing fans, colleagues and the companies creditors, for me to push forward with the brand. 

I can humbly accept that mistake were made, and I am eager to fix them as my first priority. 

I will be communicating with and working with the companies creditors directly going forward. 

From Monday a new dedicated customer service email will be published, and fans with outstanding merchandise and ticketing enquiries will all be dealt with as a matter of urgency. 

October 28th will be going ahead, and I will have more news for you next week regarding that. 

I want to wish all previous shareholders and directors all the best in their future endeavours, and most importantly I’d like to thank the fantastic 1PW fanbase for your support and understanding whilst I take on the massive task ahead

Long. Live. 1PW 

Steven Gauntley

Which is an utter lie. 

There are now 4 shareholders with 33% interest in 1PW. One being Gauntley. 

FYI - anyone who works for him again or gives him money is an utter mug. 

• Paid Members

I cant imagine how stressful it would be promoting a show.

The only thing to make it more stressful would be to rip loads of people off and having them hating me and chasing me for their money for the rest of my life. I'd have a heart attack from it. What is the point of all this?

There was a buyer in place that was going to purchase the company

Haha, what 'company'? Do they even own the ring? Its an excel spreadsheet on his laptop (which sums dont add up.)

Edited by Rob Lowe

5 minutes ago, Rob Lowe said:

I cant imagine how stressful it would be promoting a show.

The only thing to make it more stressful would be to rip loads of people off and having them hating me and chasing me for their money for the rest of my life. I'd have a heart attack from it. What is the point of all this?

Haha, what 'company'? Do they even own the ring? Its an excel spreadsheet on his laptop (which sums dont add up.)

They hired all equipment including the ring so no. Outside of the USP and belts there isn't much to buy. 

17 hours ago, Rob Lowe said:

Maybe PoundConverters made him an offer for the laptop?

This whole thread is so early noughties - wannabe promoters working out of their bedrooms writing cheques they can never hope to cover, pretending to have an actual business, spaffing all their paper-round money on a couple of belts, then pretending to be the saviour of the "company" when it all goes tits up.

What's amazing to me though is wrestlers actually turning up and wrestling for these people.  Hasn't the industry got more professional over the years?