Will Smith just slapped Chris Rock (no sold it)

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, neil said:

Watching liberals struggle to figure out what side to take (because you have to take one) is probably the most entertaining thing about this.

Baddiel has, to the surprise of no one, done a big old thread of Tweets that ultimately say nothing.

I really liked Will Smith growing up because of his music and Fresh Prince TV show. He's spent years and years ruining his reputation in Foley-esque fashion though, to me he's just turned himself into a big laughing stock. I honestly think the joke was said, Will laughed along, saw Jada's reaction and thought "I need to defend her, make threats and use force, so she can see him much of a man I am." Which, to me, makes him more of a complete bitch of a man.

Edited by LEGIT

Pretty sure Will Smith has some form of PTSD from seeing his mother abused when he was a child. I also imagine a good 80% of people at these things tune out and laugh automatically at the jokes before realising what was said. 

Not that it excuses slapping a comedian for shit outdated material. Otherwise Ricky Gervais would be hiding in a cupboard somewhere. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LEGIT said:

I really liked Will Smith growing up because of his music and Fresh Prince TV show. He's spent years and years ruining his reputation in Foley-esq fashion though,

Interested to know how you compare him to Foley. In what ways?

9 hours ago, neil said:

Assuming what I saw wasn't edited, the full length video where Rock tells the joke, Smith is smiling, closely followed by him getting on stage is very strange to watch and does hint towards someone totally unhinged IMO.

My opinion is that there are layers to this.

Will Smith is a man who in recent memory was on TV as his wife talked about being in love with and fucking another man that they invited into their house to help as millions of people watched. If memory serves me correctly she pretty much wanted him to accept at least equal responsibility for her actions as well.

Has she not spent the last 25 years talking about only being married to the man because Tupac isn't alive too?

Both Will & Jada laughed at the joke initially  then what I assume happened is that he either saw her face change and in that moment felt pressured to react or perhaps she even said something to him.

Throughout his entire career I haven't heard a single word or rumour of him being violent or an abuser previously (not saying he isn't one - I don't know him, I just haven't heard it).

If he does have serious mental health issues or "is crazy" as so many others have labelled it then it's funny how some people are seen as needing help and support yet others are instantly villified.

Now he's potentially done something hugely out of character, in the heat of the moment and is being crucified for it.

I'm not defending it and I'm not saying it wasn't wrong and out of order but it was an open handed slap across the face to someone who whether they were paid to be there or not ridiculed his wife about a disease she is publicly known to be suffering from, infront of a billion people watching worldwide.

He didn't shoot someone.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

I don't know if I'm against the grain here but I can understand Smith bitch slapping Rock.

The last few years at the Oscars he's made jabs at the family, adding in twitter and who's to say how much they even get on after he appeared on Fresh Prince back in the 90s.

Smiths laugh was fake as hell, clearly for a TV audience knowing he'd get panned to. When he saw how upset his wife was genuinely by an unfunny prick making fun of the fact she was medically losing her hair he decided to go and bitch slap, not punch someone he doesnt respect and clearly show how little respect or care he had for him by doing it in a moment he should have been celebrated. 

Violence is never the answer. But being an unfunny cunt who mocks someone for losing their hair becuase it'll get you a cheap laugh makes you a pretty unlikeable prick too. He deserved that slap, it's just mental it happened in front of millions. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Throughout his entire career I haven't heard a single word or rumour of him being violent

To be fair, he does have form...

No idea why a 'side' even has to be picked and why one man has to be defended over the other. Both are bellends who were out of line. 

Edited by Nick James

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Interested to know how you compare him to Foley. In what ways?

Not any direct actions but more both were likeable and entertaining to me during my youth but have spent years now doing or saying strange things. They both have a bit of that 'loser dad' feel about them. For more about Foley, see the old 'Foley is crud" thread on these forums.