Will Smith just slapped Chris Rock (no sold it)

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Not any direct actions but more both were likeable and entertaining to me during my youth but have spent years now doing or saying strange things. They both have a bit of that 'loser dad' feel about them. For more about Foley, see the old 'Foley is crud" thread on these forums.

I know all about Foley is Crud and added my own experiences there. I don't agree their career's are similar at all, but if you do, all power. But Foley perving on woman on twitter and Will Smith still headlining Holywood blockbusters don't seem similar to me.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Nick James said:

No idea why a 'side' even has to be picked and why one man has to be defended over the other. Both are bellends who were out of line. 

Nothing can just be 'a thing that happened' anymore. Absolutely everything needs to be dissected and analysed and lead to a massive fucking boring discourse.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

47 minutes ago, Factotum said:

And everyone must use the phrase 'punching down' in relation to comedy like they have just discovered such a phrase and all understand the mechanics of stand up comedy and context.

Will Smith is taller than Chris Rock, of course it’s punching down!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

And everyone must use the phrase 'punching down' in relation to comedy like they have just discovered such a phrase and all understand the mechanics of stand up comedy and context.

Or act like any of the above is really complicated and somehow a negative idea.

• Paid Members
On 3/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, Lorne Malvo said:

I just saw the results for this Oscars and found out Encanto won best animated film over Mitchells vs The Machines. Further proof that awards ceremonies are fucking stupid and people should not pay attention to them.

From what I've heard, the whole ceremony was one long Disney ad so this doesn't really surprise me at all. The Mitchells vs the Machines was far and away the best animated film of last year, it wasn't close at all.

15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

From what I've heard, the whole ceremony was one long Disney ad so this doesn't really surprise me at all. The Mitchells vs the Machines was far and away the best animated film of last year, it wasn't close at all.

Some articles in the replies to this are a decent read. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Some articles in the replies to this are a decent read. 

I honestly don’t think the members of the Academy Awards voting panel even watch all the films in all the categories, other then for best picture. Because there is no way The Mitchells was losing that. Cruella deserved to win, and I’ve not seen Questloves documentary yet but everyone has raved about it to me, but the didn’t deserve to win this one. 

On 3/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, neil said:

I'm looking forward to Joe Rogan's breakdown of how you can't make jokes anymore, Chris Rock is one of the nicest guys around, and then a detailed breakdown into the slap touching on it being Bas Rutten's style, and how Smith should adjust his mechanics to make the slap more effective.

Little bit of bonus Josh Barnett as well.