Will Smith just slapped Chris Rock (no sold it)

IANdrewDiceClay

As it says in the article you linked, he loses his vote for the Oscars. That’s the main one but there’s a prestige attached to being a member, anyone can be in the industry but only a select few in relative terms can be in the academy. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As it says in the article you linked, he loses his vote for the Oscars. That’s the main one but there’s a prestige attached to being a member, anyone can be in the industry but only a select few in relative terms can be in the academy. 

It was updated after I posted. I didn’t know if it may impact being in SAG or such like. The whole thing sounds like a clusterfuck. The did they/didn’t they ask him to leave the Oscars? There was also this 

AF5CA9F5-36C9-4589-A712-50AB969FBFB9.jpeg

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Not being in the academy anymore also means he can’t be nominated for awards

That can’t be right, can it? Was 11 year old Anna Paquin in the academy when she was nominated? There’s been people nominated for their first work, and what about the technical/behind the camera awards, are they all in the academy?

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That can’t be right, can it? Was 11 year old Anna Paquin in the academy when she was nominated? There’s been people nominated for their first work, and what about the technical/behind the camera awards, are they all in the academy?

I mean being kicked out of the academy. One of the consequences of being kicked out is no longing being allowed to be nominated for awards anymore.  

Just now, wordsfromlee said:

I mean being kicked out of the academy. One of the consequences of being kicked out is no longing being allowed to be nominated for awards anymore.  

Ah that makes sense. I wonder if resigning as opposed to being booted leaves that door open?