Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
18 minutes ago, RicFlairLegend said:

I see the DDP and Jake podcast has, like the Arn one before it, been demoted to being Conrad-less and in this case, sans DDP too from this week. You can always tell which Conrad podcasts aren't doing as well when he farms them out to underlings.

I mean, how many podcasts can anyone listen to in a week. 

Even assuming that someone subscribes to only wrestling podcasts and listens to them on a daily commute, each one lasts a good two hours each. There are just too many out there, it passed saturation point long ago.

I had no idea he even did the Jake & DDP one. I keep up with My World, then Grillin'Jr, Something to Wrestle & 83 Weeks out of stubborness. I dropped Arn and Kurt not long after they started.

Always tempted to get into Schiavone's but there was too much of a backlog when I first stumbled across the pods when 83 Weeks first started and I opted for Something to Wrestle.

11 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

I had no idea he even did the Jake & DDP one. I keep up with My World, then Grillin'Jr, Something to Wrestle & 83 Weeks out of stubborness. I dropped Arn and Kurt not long after they started.

Always tempted to get into Schiavone's but there was too much of a backlog when I first stumbled across the pods when 83 Weeks first started and I opted for Something to Wrestle.

Drop them all and listen to big Kev talk shit for 2 hrs. Actually keep double J as they are good and most of his topics aren’t reruns of everyone else’s stories they done years ago on the other Conrad shows 

• Paid Members

Jarrett's and Regal's are the only ones I still listen to, though struggle to justify Regal's more and more every episode - he's someone I enjoy listening to talk about practically anything, but there's only so many times that you can hear his thoughts on a wrestler being nothing more than, "good lad, a proper pro". Obviously we've talked about his failings as a podcaster in here before, but I think 90% of it is Matt Koon having no knowledge - and seemingly no desire to acquire any - of half of what Regal's talking about, and whoever picks the topics doesn't really factor in whether Regal's likely to have anything new or interesting to offer. I expect it won't last much longer now, anyway.

Jarrett's is a good listen, but I just can't stand listening to Conrad, so I just dip in and out when the topics seem interesting now. I love hearing Jarrett talk about times when he or Jerry Jarrett were involved at a business level, rather than the usual wrestling podcast/shoot interview thing of "what are your memories of this angle or match you were involved in 25 years ago?" - the episodes on the USWA are superb, as are the ones on the founding of TNA, and the recent one on Ring Ka King was fascinating just for a completely different look at the business and creative side of things. I can just about put up with Conrad in that capacity, and it feels like Jarrett has got better at managing his bullshit, whereas back in the USWA episodes, there were points when Conrad was trying to argue points about the relative strength of the USWA and WCCW brand names where he just will not accept that maybe the Jarretts had a better sense of it.