Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

• Paid Members

On the strength of this video alone I’m gonna finally give Wrestle Me a go!

Been meaning to anyway after seeing nothing but positive comments on here about it but this video has sold me. And I’m off to watch a bunch of ‘Supercock’ Rick’s squash matches now. 

You won’t regret it matey 100% the funniest wrestling podcast, and doesn’t rely on cheesy catchphrases/gimmicks etc. being uk based there’s a lot of references for our demographic which make it really relatable too.  Really can’t praise it enough.

It'll be great to listen to now that it's all out, too. I love Wrestle Me but sometimes it was frustrating waiting a week to get a 25 minute episode where they'd often just go off on one, forget to talk about the show and then sell the Patreon. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

On the strength of this video alone I’m gonna finally give Wrestle Me a go!

Been meaning to anyway after seeing nothing but positive comments on here about it but this video has sold me. And I’m off to watch a bunch of ‘Supercock’ Rick’s squash matches now. 

Will also give this a shot. Always up for a good wrestling podcast, with so much crap out there. 

The way it trails off into the 2010s is wonderfully apropos at least, as they openly acknowledge WrestleMania is getting too long, losing its camp, generally impossible to separate one year from the next and this is all affecting the quality of the podcast. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I think affecting the quality off the podcast is a bit off, as they always find a way to segue into something really funny despite the blandness of the performers at the time.  They definitely have to allow themselves to go a little more off-track at times though… Greg Valentine’s Bird Blood being a lovely example lol

• Paid Members

WrestleMe is the greatest wrestling podcast I've ever listened to. I got on board during the first lockdown while I was working from home and absolutely blasted through the entire series in no time, until I was caught up to the weekly feed. Once it went to Patreon only I just felt that with so many subscriptions already coming out of my account each month, a tenner a month or whatever it was, just for a few podcasts was something that I couldn't really justify. I actually felt quite sad about that decision, because I know a lot of work goes into it (and the newsletters) and they deserve to do well through it.  Does anyone here subscribe intermittently and just binge-listen episodes? Is it possible to do that on there?

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

WrestleMe is the greatest wrestling podcast I've ever listened to. I got on board during the first lockdown while I was working from home and absolutely blasted through the entire series in no time, until I was caught up to the weekly feed. Once it went to Patreon only I just felt that with so many subscriptions already coming out of my account each month, a tenner a month or whatever it was, just for a few podcasts was something that I couldn't really justify. I actually felt quite sad about that decision, because I know a lot of work goes into it (and the newsletters) and they deserve to do well through it.  Does anyone here subscribe intermittently and just binge-listen episodes? Is it possible to do that on there?

Yeah that's the way to do it! Throw down for a month and catch up. 

Been awhile since I've done it - this thread will have me crawling back I think- but they seem to largely just do pre Hogan era WCW which is fine by me. 

Oh getting New Generation every two weeks was such a fun time. For me I went on to SCG when it was doing it weekly for a while. 

But listening to Liam series with Kyle Ross took me over to Top Rope Nation which I enjoy. 

I love WrestleMe and the amount of minutes on it on my Spotify Wrap a couple of years ago was truly scary. I've had to stop the patreon for financial reasons but will definitely get back to it at some point. 

I also love the fact its double nostalgia as not only does it cover the wrestling, but when I had a long commute about 20 years ago I listened to the Alex Zane Breakfast Show on XFM religiously in the car and hearing Marc and Pete again was a great throwback to that time.

Thanks for the Wrestle Me recommendation, as Im another who has started loving it too. Pete is great on the 'Abroad in Japan' podcast too.

On the flip side, Ive given up on Nash's podcast. I tried to jump back into the episode discussing the new NWO doc, but switched off after about 10 minutes. I think it was another episode where he was stoned doing it. 2 to 2 1/2 hours per podcast is crazy long. I get that theres commercial reasons for having it unbelievably long, but I think all of these wrestling podcasts would be way better if they tightened them up to less than an hour.

Edited by Dai