Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

On 11/5/2023 at 9:17 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

It’s the reason Wrestle Me worked so well too. It wouldn’t have been half as fun if Pete knew as much as Marc.

*Works
Not sure if you know, but they have a Patreon with absolutely tons of amazing content and continue to release weekly shows.  If you enjoyed the Wrestlemania timeline you will love it.

I wish there was places other than Patreon to trawl back through the paid podcasts though. It's so cumbersome as a platform. 

Anyway on that note, they just done the Vlad documentary on their most recent upload. There's a killer ending here that left me for dead. 

Im up to around WMXX on WrestleMe (and have loved it), which I think is roughly the area where my interest stops with regards to podcasts recapping stuff is. Surely the stuff like WM32, for example, cant be a patch on the older stuff? Is any of the more modern recaps as good as the 80s and 90s stuff? My Spotify doesnt show any new releases from 2022 onward, but I assume they still release stuff on Patreon. A dive into 80s and 90s WCW with some ECW sprinkled in would make me cough up the cash, do they do that?

15 minutes ago, Dai said:

Surely the stuff like WM32, for example, cant be a patch on the older stuff? 

It's not. There's at least some comedy in how they can't really help it, but WrestleManias just get unavoidably too long and too dull for them to spin their usual humour to the same extent. There's not a lot you can get out of multi man ladder matches with Kofi and Dolph. 

48 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I wish there was places other than Patreon to trawl back through the paid podcasts though. It's so cumbersome as a platform. 

Anyway on that note, they just done the Vlad documentary on their most recent upload. There's a killer ending here that left me for dead. 

I have seen they have a Spotify set up for the Patreon here: https://open.spotify.com/show/1wKDTtvsfWjaV7WgvgNMhZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After several failed attempts over the past 9 years, I finally got into and listened to all of the New Generation Podcast. Hurrah. Anyone know what the guys are up to these days and if they're all OK? Mad to think that by the time I got to the end, it's already been finished for 5 years.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

After several failed attempts over the past 9 years, I finally got into and listened to all of the New Generation Podcast. Hurrah. Anyone know what the guys are up to these days and if they're all OK? Mad to think that by the time I got to the end, it's already been finished for 5 years.

On 11/5/2023 at 5:20 PM, SuperBacon said:

I don't want to speak out of turn, but I know Stewart suffered quite a bit with his MH towards the end, and it sounded like he had a fairly full on/stressful job, which probably didn't help. 

I just loved it. It was really comforting and familiar, and I swapped messages with Stewart about 90s emo music a few times, and he just seemed like a lovely guy.

None of them are really active on any socials, but yeah I hope they're all good. 

Top lads.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I’m just coming to the end of another relisten of it.

None ste especially active on social media any more and I believe Stewart moved away after it finished. There was a period towards the end where they went a few months without an episode as he was having a poor time with his mental health. Hopefully he’s OK in whatever he’s doing now, but I’m sure I remember seein he something about him having moved

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I've started the Attitude Era Podcast many years too late and it seems like the first two episodes are missing? The feed in general seems like a bit of a mess but I can't see those two at all.

They have them up on Spotify still alright, which is where I get them from. 

I still rate that initial Attitude Era journey bar maybe those first 1-2 episodes where they're finding their feet. It felt like an organic trip down memory lane and not the shouty, self-aware, faux-outrage schtick it would become so there's plenty there to enjoy if you take to it with some decent running jokes that creep in.