Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

• Paid Members
On 3/26/2023 at 11:59 AM, Arch Stanton said:

I never knew about the YouTube channel! I just had a scan over the videos uploaded on there, can't wait to get stuck in to those!

It's so much better with the visuals. I've watched them all now. The 2 hosts are so funny. Like, I can't actually get over how sharp their wit is on the fly. 

I love OSW, but Wrestle Me has to be my new favourite. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Flair podcast is on the way out. This is the 4th week in a row it's been a rehash from stuff he recorded years ago and even prior to that, every other week seemed to be a rehash too. Flair's happy to go on other podcasts that presumably pay well, but he hasn't put any effort into his own one for months. The whole historical looking back ones had been abandoned in favour of him talking about football or current WWE shows. A month or so he seemed to be hinting that he'd prefer to do a podcast with Arn so maybe Conrad could get a bit of life out of that, as supposedly Flair and Arn are friends again. 

Edited by RicFlairLegend

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 7:43 PM, RicFlairLegend said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Flair podcast is on the way out. This is the 4th week in a row it's been a rehash from stuff he recorded years ago and even prior to that, every other week seemed to be a rehash too. Flair's happy to go on other podcasts that presumably pay well, but he hasn't put any effort into his own one for months. The whole historical looking back ones had been abandoned in favour of him talking about football or current WWE shows. A month or so he seemed to be hinting that he'd prefer to do a podcast with Arn so maybe Conrad could get a bit of life out of that, as supposedly Flair and Arn are friends again. 

Yet another rehash for the Flair podcast this week.... Hmmmmm.

In other news, Ted Dibiase's new podcast called, quite appropriately, "Everybody's got a pod" went up today. Hopefully they've had the foresight to record loads of episodes in advance as Ted will first be on trial, and then possible in the slammer in the near future...

Edited by RicFlairLegend

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chasingamymatt said:

Can anyone reccomend a good series on Mid south/UWF? timeline style is what im after to keep me amused while working :)

cheers in advance

PRO WRESTLING MOMENTS

It used to be called “Mid South Moments” when reviewing every TV episode of Mid-South Wrestling between 1984 and the name change to UWF.

But as there is less footage available of the UWF-era, they then started reviewing other stuff as well as Watts’ territory shows, and that led to the name change.

The host is a British guy (and occasional UKFFer) but he has had various co-hosts on rotation including a couple of guys who regularly attended the shows back then.
He even did a few episodes with Ricky Morton, a few others with Erik Watts, but the big one was when he had Bill Watts himself on the show last year. 83 years old and still sharp as a tack.

@prowmoments on Twitter.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone sleeping on it, Wrestle Me's impeccably edited video content has taken a turn into riffing on old British stuff and has sort of wound up as a genuine chronicler/preserver of some of it. The upload they done recently on Brian Maxine was genuinely informative (I have no knowledge of old Britwres) and had me in stitches: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I know this is basically starting to turn into the Wrestle Me thread but the latest video on the whole Ken Patera/McDonald’s incident has killed me. From the start when they’re describing the 1988 version of Patera as looking like a “dinnerlady” you know it’s gonna be good. 

“KENNY WANTS HIS BURGERS!”

Edited by wandshogun09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bobby Heenan’s daughter on this podcast is worth a listen. Love Bobby. I don’t think there’s a wrestling fan who watched in the 80s/90s who doesn’t. Nice to hear about him from a different perspective. Had no idea that Bobby and his wife looked after Ray Stevens and had him living with them for the last 10 years of his life.  

IMG_0346.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, blackholesun85 said:

Does anyone know where I can listen to the first 24 episodes of E & C's pod of awesomeness? Spotify and all the main pod sites only seem to start from episode 25 onwards?

You can find a list of what the episodes were at https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/ecs-pod-of-awesomeness-511403/episodes/recent

I think your best bet is to try and find them on YouTube using the episode titles. A user named ‘Bytez Tech’ has some full episodes but I’m not sure whereabouts they’re from, so might not be from #1-#24 as you wanted. Other than that, searching ‘E&C Pod of Awesomeness’ brings up some full episodes, but again I don’t know from how early in the run they were

Edited by WyattSheepMask

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You can find a list of what the episodes were at https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/ecs-pod-of-awesomeness-511403/episodes/recent

I think your best bet is to try and find them on YouTube using the episode titles. A user named ‘Bytez Tech’ has some full episodes but I’m not sure whereabouts they’re from, so might not be from #1-#24 as you wanted. Other than that, searching ‘E&C Pod of Awesomeness’ brings up some full episodes, but again I don’t know from how early in the run they were

Yeah thank you there's a few on YouTube from the early run but most are still missing unfortunately. Wish they'd bring this pod back as it's a lot of fun...

• 3 weeks later...