Wrestling podcasts 2023

hallicks

Nash and sean Oliver just seem to have a great friendship, can tell they have worked together recording for a while. Not many wrestling stories people won’t have heard from him so they just shoot the shit. Only wrestling podcast that goes straight to top of my listen next when it comes through 

regals this week on nxt Uk wasn’t worth the listen. He just hasn’t had a career worth chatting about, he was a mid/lower career who’s been out the ring a long time, and seems to not be willing to give much of an opinion on anyone or anything other than pinfall technic. coon is a fucking goof who is just there to badly read ads. 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Theres also a lot of “I’m not sure if I can say this” or “I’m not going to say who that person was” 

On this, I’m still waiting for him to reveal who the person/agent was in WCW who told Regal and Goldberg to have the match they had, then “buried his head in his papers” when Regal got bollocked for it. I know it doesn’t matter now but I’ve heard him tell the story a bunch of times on different podcasts and him leaving the name out every time makes me wanna know. He always just says something like “I spoke to this person recently about it and I’ll leave it up to him whether he wants to tell his story”. Why all the cloaks and daggers over a nothing match that happened 24 years ago in a company that died 20 years ago? Like I say, it doesn’t make a difference now but it’s little things like that which make the podcast such a frustrating listen at times. A lot of times it feels like we’re getting half a story but he’s taking triple the time to tell it. Like everyone else I really wanna like his podcast and I do still think there’s a very good one to be had with Regal. But him just being left to ramble on and on and the lack of chemistry with the host makes it tough going. 

Nash on the other hand, as expected, doesn’t give a fuck, is full of stories and he’s got a good rapport with Sean Oliver that really works for a podcast. Had a feeling it’d be good just because Nash is a great story teller, can seemingly hold a conversation on any subject and make it entertaining and him and Oliver worked well together before. Their show really has clicked from very early on. Haven’t given the Foley one a go yet because I’ve really gone off Foley over the years but I might give it a chance this week. 

Edited by wandshogun09

I hadn't listened to any wrestling podcasts for a few years but I've given Foley's one a go this past week, it's a decent enough listen.  I've avoided whatever stories he tells at all those talking shows he does so, as long as it's not covered in his first book, most of it is new to me. Currently getting through the episode about feuding with Randy Orton, it's interesting to hear Vince's reservations and Orton's worries about spitting in Foley's face...

I'll also give the Nash one a go now thanks to the recommendation above :)

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Why all the cloaks and daggers over a nothing match that happened 24 years ago in a company that died 20 years ago? 

I think it might be because Terry Taylor gets enough stick as it is and Regal doesn’t want to embarrass him.

16 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I do find it amusing that someone who's been everywhere, worked with everyone, has hundreds of wrestlers' details in his address book, and who frequently makes a point of knowing where everyone's working and how they're doing, seems to have no frame of reference beyond Dave Taylor, Fit Finlay and Robbie Brookside. You'd be forgiven for assuming they were the only people he'd ever wrestled.

I have always noticed how Regal puts over the British boys above all others, I have always assumed it's kind of his way of 'paying back' since he was the one of the pack (Davey Boy aside) who had the most international success. The majority sunk with World of Sport but he was luckier enough to find new success. 

That's always been my take anyway. 

• Paid Members

I always come away feeling that wrestling in America (or at least being full time in WWF/E) was something of a necessary evil for him to maximise his earnings when the chance came, and if he'd have had the choice he would have preferred to remain an "international heavyweight" based primarily in the UK & touring India, Japan and maybe dropping in on WCW every now and then.

He speaks with such fondness about that (and the guys who were doing it as he was coming through) that he doesn't display about anything else.

• Paid Members

A rare case of Regal having a bit of a pop at someone and actually naming them. Wasn’t a fan of Muta apparently. From about 1:01:00 on.

I wonder how he feels about him these days. This is obviously really old.

Watched a few of them little clips from the Foley podcast on YouTube earlier, looks decent to be fair. 

The Foley podcast is brilliant, for all the stick he gets on here (some of it rightly so) he comes across really well on the Pod.

The humour is still there, he's got a remarkable memory considering all he's put his body through and it's really interesting hearing him speak about everything. Fits perfectly into the way Conrad sets out his pods and the chemistry between them is really good. The cameo stuff he does at the end is hilarious at times too. My new favourite podcast now, followed closely by Jeff Jarrets and Road Doggs

• Paid Members

I don't mind Foley's, but he's covered so much in his book and he doesn't really seem to remember much else beyond what he's written down, so I feel like I've heard most of it before. The Cameos at the end are death. Instant off switch.