Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

The insanity of beans in a ramekin is why would a restaurant want to make extra washing up every bloody meal as well?

Middle class people think it's trendy and it stops people moaning because the beans are in the wrong place. 

It's putting chips in a mini frying basket that I hate, mark of a standard restaurant trying to be seen as better by people who value form over function. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Couldn't you just say "Can I not have beans?" 

Yes, but they don’t always listen.  You then have to send it back, and you know the bacon will be slipped down the arse crack of the chef before being returned to you.

• Paid Members

Feast your eyes lads. 

I went to The Street cafe in Norwich, widely regarded as the best fry-up in town. For some reason I've never been so it was time to try it out and it didn't disappoint.

Lots of different options but I went for the biggest called 'The Old English.' This was really fantastic stuff:

image.thumb.jpeg.02e6828584ffc42146a7f4151c6f63f3.jpeg

2 Bacon, 2 Sausages, 2 Eggs, 2 Mushrooms, Bubble & Squeek, White AND Black Pudding, Grilled Tomatoes, Fried Bread and Beans. Comes with 2 slices of toast or bread. Tea not included.

Just really fucking good. And some nice variety. Bubble & Squeek instead of Hash Browns worked really well, and a rare White Pudding sighting. All the ingredients were top notch and cooked perfectly. Bread instead of toast is a nice option, I tend to prefer bread for mopping up at the end. Hard to fault it really. Shame tea wasn't included, although a big mug instead of a crap pot and tiny cup was appreciated.

All that for £15 which for Norwich is decent. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

Best fry-up ever? Maybe. Best in Norwich? By a long fucking way.