Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

We tried an air fryer and I hated it, the taste just wasn't there next to traditional deep or shallow frying in dripping. 

Oh absolutely not a patch on the real deal. But in my woe-is-me state I could set and forget and massacre with HP sauce. Actually I think black pudding worked really well, I like a crust on mine with lots of chew. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Edit: off topic question but @Onyx2was it you who wrote that potato cook book as was it call "50 shades of spuds" or am I remembering that wrong? 

Yes. Amazon sent me an email last week recommending it to me. Gee, yes please Amazon I would like my own book. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

How was the posh place @Frankie Crisp?

Couldn’t get in! They don’t take bookings and when we got there, we were told it was a 40-50 minute wait. Balls to that. Going to try my luck after Xmas in the hope people are at home living off turkey leftovers.

I spotted one of the mega-sized fry-ups through the window, though, and it was as very much as advertised.

Will report back from A&E in a couple of weeks.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

How was the posh place @Frankie Crisp?

I had an airfry up. No negative comments please, I'm fucked up with flu right now (the strain doing the rounds is an absolute bastard) hence bunging it all in the air fryer and retreating to a sofa for a bit. And fuck beans. 

20221218_100257_copy_1008x567.thumb.jpg.df51de80434bbf4e8c813cafc65dfe0a.jpg

I use the air fryer for most of the components of my fry-ups now.  Saves so much time and love the results.