Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

0A79105E-FE79-444A-BFFA-270A0FB4EB64.gif.f4d815d513638be1035c8133f4954d7c.gif

I didn’t check the price and went on reputation alone. 

Now wondering how I break this to my old man; might suggest he just deducts it from my inheritance.

There's a chance he writes you out the will entirely if he sees this place. The sensible option would be to feign serious injury, or crash the car deliberately on the drive over.

9 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

0A79105E-FE79-444A-BFFA-270A0FB4EB64.gif.f4d815d513638be1035c8133f4954d7c.gif

I didn’t check the price and went on reputation alone. 

Now wondering how I break this to my old man; might suggest he just deducts it from my inheritance.

Tell him they sell a Mimosa that is described as "Prosecco, Orange, Woke" and he won't even want to go.

I don't mind a poncey place, but bloody hell. 

• Awards Moderator
26 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

There's a chance he writes you out the will entirely if he sees this place. The sensible option would be to feign serious injury, or crash the car deliberately on the drive over.

It’s a five minute walk from mine so hoping the snow sticks and I break both legs en route. 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I'm really struggling to picture what differentiates a 'craft butcher' from a regular butcher outside of them all dressing like Maxwell.

You know those fellas who are mixologists and wear those leather aprons and have waxed moustaches? It's them but they sell you a heirloom duck and zaatar sausage for 10 quid.

I've never met a butcher that would have the want to be a "craft" butcher. Most are just happy carving up meat and getting fat. I'm going to blame it on that snobby restaurant for thinking Dez and his cleaver aren't fancy enough without an extra title. Either that or some tit in London got given a nice set of knives for their birthday and have built a life around them.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

No negative comments please

The tray looks good. 

We tried an air fryer and I hated it, the taste just wasn't there next to traditional deep or shallow frying in dripping. 

Edit: off topic question but @Onyx2was it you who wrote that potato cook book as was it call "50 shades of spuds" or am I remembering that wrong? 

Edited by Tommy!
Spuds