Frankie Crisp

21 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Is that Coleslaw?!

edit: I read it properly and see it was from the toastie, which is still bizarre but stopped me just short of having an aneurysm.

The toasties come with both a small bit of coleslaw and garlic mayo, which the 10yo won't eat. I pay for it, therefore I'll eat it. The mayo was good for the tots to be honest.

• Paid Members

I went to a cafe Saturday morning and had what they called a 'protein breakfast'. The traditionalists will scoff but it was more filling than any fry-up I've ever had. I had it at 10am and didn't even think about food again until 8pm. Scrambled eggs, avocado, smoked salmon, sautéed mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, turkey rashers, beans and a side of brown seeded toast.

The place has a predominantly Muslim clientele so I'm guessing the turkey rashers are their substitute for bacon. I actually preferred it as I often find bacon overdone and too crispy.

It was my first time ever having avocado. I don't get the hype. It didn't really seem to have a distinctive taste at all, it was just there.

It was bang on though. Next time I'll take pics!

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I couldn't be arsed trawling through the hundreds of food threads to find the correct one. It'll be even worse when I post my Tunnocks delivery in Chippy Tea later.

The Woke. thread is just below this one mate. Halal beans and avocado galore in there.

Since the bastards at Tesco discontinued my favourite instant coffee (Lavazza Prontissimo Intenso if you are curious), I ventured to Morrisons, which is not my usual supermarket of choice. After picking up three tins of my wake-up juice, I headed over to the 'Whoopsed' fridge to see if there were any interesting discounted items, and I was not disappointed. Amongst the usually heavily discounted plant-based ready meals and Pukka pies, my eyes stumbled across a box of joy. It was as if Mr. W.M Morrison was directly challenging me. Challenge accepted Mozza. 

spacer.png

This box of wonder contained four sausages, four rashers of bacon, four pucks of black pudding, and Bloody Mary ketchup (which was promptly discarded). Without hesitation, I placed the box in my basket and headed straight to the tinned section to get some baked beans and chopped tomatoes. Unfortunately, when I returned home the other half stole the tinned tommies for a pasta sauce. 

The next day despite having a use-by date of the previous day, the three breakfast kings passed the sniff test and I grabbed my trusty Fry-up-omatic 5000 from the bottom of the pan cupboard which has not been used for a couple of years.

spacer.png

It quickly became apparent that there would not be enough cooking surface in my all-in-one pan, so I whacked the sausages in the oven and opted to only have two pucks of blood sausage, with the dog the lucky recipient of the other two. I opted for two fried eggs and no fry-up is complete without two slices of fried bread along with a pint of coffee.   

spacer.png

I was completely stuffed by the end of it and I didn't require any lunch. The sausages were surprisingly good, whilst the bacon was a little bit thin for my tastes, but overall a very satisfying breakfast. 

1433ab0?filename=1679563225540_Brekkie4.

Edited by Glenryck Pilchards
For technological incapability

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Its the sort of shite you'd see on QVC or somewhere.

Not a fan of them to be honest as I like my fried bread and eggs to have hints of bacon/sausage flavour running through them from using the same oils.

Ah, that's true. Hadn't thought of that.