Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Paul Whitehouse has racked up a few decent performances as a character actor in recent years - The Death of Stalin, Ghost Stories, and the recent David Copperfield film. He's good in them all.

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Paul Whitehouse has racked up a few decent performances as a character actor in recent years - The Death of Stalin, Ghost Stories, and the recent David Copperfield film. He's good in them all.

On the flip side, he was in the Only Fools And Horses musical. And Bob blacked up regularly. Not sure which is worse to be honest. 

• Paid Members

Forgot to mention - something that had me chuckling about Gone Fishing was hearing the Peter Beardsley music in the soundtrack. I'm so used to hearing it on Mince and associating it with Bob's Beardo that I can't even hear it without expecting something gormless and funny to happen.

My little lads (hopefully not literal) shit eating grin. I popped home for half an hour between delivery and collection in work today. It’s a magical half hour where I’m still getting paid but I time it so the good Lady Danger has just left to go pick up the kids from school so I have the house to myself. Anyway, 30 minutes passes and the front door slightly opens “Come and get this lad he’s got dog shit all over his hand” he pushes through the gap in the door with a huge grin shaking his beshittled hand up and down. I might have had to clean poo off him but the thought of that lad walking home with his shitty hand in the air grinning at his mum and sister has had me stifling laughter for a good few hours. Never fails to cheer me up.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, Carbomb said:

How scripted is WILTY? That would most definitely be the way Bob's kept himself relevant to modern TV, at least. I don't know how much of him going surreal is planned or ad-lib. Whitehouse is the interesting one, because, whilst he hasn't done loads in recent years, he's got some of the best-remembered characters spanning a long career - it'd be intriguing to know just how well they've endured. Last thing I remembered him doing was those insurance ads.

Paul chucks in a "brilliant" on Gone Fishing at one point. Which leads to Bob asking him which of his characters was the most popular and Paul says Smashie. Says people still come up to him and ask him to do the voice. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Paul chucks in a "brilliant" on Gone Fishing at one point. Which leads to Bob asking him which of his characters was the most popular and Paul says Smashie. Says people still come up to him and ask him to do the voice. 

Yeh, that was quite early on. That was what got me thinking about how much the characters endure, because Smashie and Nicey were pretty early in Whitehouse's and Enfield's careers. Not to mention that Whitehouse's Fast Show characters probably got more play for longer (at least it certainly seemed that way at the time).

• Paid Members

They're driving a train by the look of it. I was trying to figure out whether it was a British or German one. 

• Paid Members

Collecting vehicles for exporting on GTA San Andreas. Just driving round the map with K-DST on, about as wholesome as you get on San Andreas, with the highlight being going up Mount Chiliad for a Journey and just driving it off the summit and hoping you land the right side up when you finished tumbling down the mountain. Nice.