Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Seeing oddly-named pins on Google Maps. I was just trying to see how far somewhere was from Southall train station for when I’m down in a few weeks and saw this. Poor Jassu.

4D9063C4-B937-4A3A-896F-EA4AD9C7AF41.thumb.jpeg.a2c3ee693ae65dc7391f742c6c2d365e.jpeg

Edited by Frankie Crisp
  • Paid Members
Posted

The pets thread on here always brings warmth to this cold heart.  In fact, pets in general, the dafter the better.  
Also the sound of laughing babies.  Just pure loveable noise.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

The pets thread on here always brings warmth to this cold heart.  In fact, pets in general, the dafter the better.  

Couldn't agree more. Which brings me on to what cheers me up. This guy:

IMG-20210513-WA0002

However bad my day's been or my mental health isn't in a good place, it all goes out of the window when I see him. Whoever said dog's just know was right. He knows how I'm feeling straight away without me saying a thing. If I'm in a good mood, he's jumping and playing. If I've had a shit day or I'm feeling down, he'll come and sit with me and look me in the eyes like this and I'm instantly cheered up. There's more warmth and humanity in him than most humans. I don't think it's exaggerating to say he's saved my life on more than one occasion. He's the best.

Edited by lars85
  • Paid Members
Posted

Handsome chap that.  Amazing how they just know what to do to bring you back.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I wanted to post this somewhere and this is as good a place as any. When you sign up to Arnold Schwarzenegger's newsletter (yes really) you get this:

Screenshot_20220218-192241_Chrome.thumb.jpg.24c344cf30470551293d00b1fc97814c.jpg

And it tickled me. 

Posted

Having a wonderful experience at work today.

 

I work in a care home and we had a new resident arrive a few days ago. He was struggling with mobility and was embarrassed to have family visit as he didn't want them to see him in bed all the time. He wanted a riser/recliner type chair that he could easily mobilise into and out of for moving around independently. Went on a hunt round the home and found an unused one. Was a game and a half moving it around to his room as no wheels or coasters on but his face when he sat in it and got himself comfortable was so worth it. Yes care does pay crap, but sometimes little things happen that just make it all seem worthwhile and why we do what we do. Today was one of those days and I know I'll be smiling and feeling good for a while yet.

Posted (edited)

The Thong Song, especially with the music video. I loved it as an 8 year old kid but have fell back in love with it again more this past year. The violin gives me Di Caprio in Wolf of Wall Street biting his knuckle 'sweet Jesus' vibes. The build in intensity throughout the song. Sisqo belting 'I don't think you heard me' about a women wearing a thong. His dancing and walking on top of a crowd of bikini'd women. The sexual climax and key change. What a bloody song.

Also, Vice have done a 20 minute history of how this song came about with interviews that's worth a watch.

 

Edited by Sphinx
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Y'know how they say "you get more conservative as you get older"? This cheers me up (the guys on this channel in general cheer me up, to be fair). I've no great love for Labour in general, but right now I'd take any even mild left-wing alternative to the current crop of shit-heads in power.

 

Edited by Carbomb
  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Winning £45 on a jackpot machine. 

You're supposed to post "Swing OUT!" and leave the forum now, I think.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...