Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I cannot tell you the joy me, my wife and daughter got from this man, a bubble wand and some bubble mixture gave us at the beach last night. We were there a good 10 minutes as were a lot of families. Unexpected fun

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I discovered 'tickets' at the arcade last year. Even the 2p machines had them at the one we went too. I can see how people get hooked, I NEEDED more tickets.

I ended up getting some tat for my daughter but a man who was also ticketing, quite a bit more than us, had enough tickets for a circular saw! He told me it worked out cheaper than buying one and gave my daughter his leftover tickets. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm the opposite, I see the appeal, but I hate tickets at arcades, because it's driven most of them in the direction of only installing machines you can win them on. It means every arcade feels like a carbon copy of every other one, and you're far less likely to just find a hidden gem of a game or a rare old arcade cabinet you've not played before. My ex used to go to the arcade at least once a week, and would just have piles of either tickets or receipt slips worth X number of tickets, never cashing them in on anything, but never knowing what she was actually saving them up for. Like you say, people can get hooked.

Posted

Best part of the ticketing process is feeding them in to the machine to get your receipt. If you have more than enough to get a couple of mini bags of Haribo and a lollipop then you’ve probably got a problem.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I also dislike the tickets, because I end up just going on the machines with the best ticket output rather than the ones that are most enjoyable to play.

  • Paid Members
Posted

A Mauritian caf near me in Turnpike Lane now sells imported drinks, including the Mauritian soda brand Eski. My favourite is their almond soda, but the vanilla one is the stuff of my childhood - swigging this in the hot sun sat in my garden, and I'm a kid again, at the beach with my family, with chicken biryani, fresh pineapple or watermelon, ice cream, and this. It's like cream soda, but more vanilla-y.

IMG_20220713_185730.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I’ve started trying to compliment at least one random person each day as I just think it’s a nice thing to do and it makes me smile too.

Yesterday I saw two girls of about maybe 10/11 when I was walking home. One had a Marvin the Martian skirt on so as I walked past I said, “Cool skirt!” and they just looked at each other giggling so I looked back and said, “It’s very cool!” And she shyly called back “Thank you!” as they crossed the road.

Then today I saw a woman with a multi-coloured animal print skirt on and told her I really liked it as I went past. She thanked me and (in typical lady style, no idea why 99% of women do this) told me it was only £6.99 from Shein.

Randomly complimenting someone not only makes them happy but it really lifts my mood too. I was having a bit of a shitty day today until I saw the lady with the great skirt.

Try it. If your worried about maybe coming across as creepy or a bit weird just go for something looking “cool” or “funky” rather than “I really like your…” which could sound odd. Shoes are always a good one even for guys, “Cool shoes!” can work on anyone. And that a little throwaway compliment for you might just be the highlight of someone else’s day.

Edited by Monkee
  • Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Monkee said:

Yesterday I saw two girls of about maybe 10/11 when I was walking home. One had a Marvin the Martian skirt on so as I walked past I said, “Cool skirt!” and they just looked at each other giggling so I looked back and said, “It’s very cool!” And she shyly called back “Thank you!” as they crossed the road.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

cL6TsiL.gif

 

"May I just say, that's a smashing blouse you have on......"

This would make my WEEK if someone said that to me. Especially if I wasn’t wearing a blouse.

Posted (edited)

As some of you know, I do the Inside Oz Podcast.

Some of you listened to episodes right at the beginning of the show (I’ve been doing it for over 4 years now) and I hope that some of you still do listen. If you don’t, that’s completely your choice and I just want to say thank you for taking the time to give the show a try, even if it was only once.

It started out as and is still very much done as nothing more than a hobby, but the thing cheers me up is knowing the numbers for the show are still doing well. 
Im not troubling My Dad Wrote A Porno or anything like that, but it’s so uplifting to see the numbers whenever a new episode goes out.

I’m into Series 4B now, which is when the starts to go off the rails a bit, but my most recent episode had the best Day One Downloads ever, and this week I was #7 in the TV Reviews Podcast Chart. Granted, it may have been #7 in the TV Reviews Podcast Chart in Finland, but I’m still really pleased with that and knowing there are people out there listening.

It blows my mind somewhat that anyone is listening to me, but over 50% of my audience is based in the US. There have been times were I’ve found it tough to get into making an episode, but knowing that there are people out there that listen and that it might help them escape from the world for 90minutes or so, that makes me happy.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Members
Posted

Great stuff @WyattSheepMask

I've listened to a few eps when you first started it, but I'm well overdue an Oz rewatch, so might marry it up with listening to the accompanying shows alongside it in the very near future.

And Finland clearly love their prison bumming and violence! 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

I’ve been listening along since the beginning, haven’t started on the latest batch of episodes yet because, like you say, the second half of season 4 is where the show started to really go downhill for me. The first thing was

Spoiler

Beecher’s kids being kidnapped and the hand in the mail and his son being killed. A level of horror that, once they’d done it, they couldn’t walk back

and the show increasingly wasn’t for me from then on. I still watched til the end, and I’ll still be listening to the pod til the end too - it just might need a bit more motivation from myself to do it!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...