Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

Family Fortunes on Challenge this evening.

Les Dennis asks contestants to name "a famous Arthur," and one buzzes straight in to say Shakespeare.

Later, the same team is asked for "a slang word for head," and gives the answer nonce.

12 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Les Dennis asks contestants to name "a famous Arthur," and one buzzes straight in to say Shakespeare.

Later, the same team is asked for "a slang word for head," and gives the answer nonce.

Are you sure he didn't say bonce?

Yes.

The other family stole the board with that answer, which is clearly what he was going for but I didn't want to over-explain it.

Arthur sounds a bit like author, while we're doing this. (And yes, old William was technically a playwright, so he'd have probably been wrong for the question he thought he'd heard too.)

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Arthur sounds a bit like author, while we're doing this. (And yes, old William was technically a playwright, so he'd have probably been wrong for the question he thought he'd heard too.)

They once allowed poison as a weapon in cludo despite it not being. Old Des Lenis had to explain it's not one but so many people said it they put it on the board.

On family fortunes topic did anyone ever find out what Turkey Man was playing at, cheating I assume just very badly?

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

On family fortunes topic did anyone ever find out what Turkey Man was playing at, cheating I assume just very badly?

Is that the guy that just repeats the same answer for evert question in the final round?  If so I'm sure the story was he inadvertently heard one of the questions being asked to the person who went first and decided he would answer Turkey when his time came, but then got brain freeze and couldn't think of anything else for the other questions.  So yeah, cheating very badly. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 6/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

One of the best 15 minutes I've ever spent, apart from...well...you know...was watching "Funny Game Show Answers" on YouTube.

Not only does it have the above Arthur Shakespeare, it also features the American equivalent from the 80s, where "Real or Fictional, Name a Famous Willy" is asked and BOOM! The guy is straight in with "Willy the Pooh" which had me in tears.

https://youtu.be/R7ghDhpCLKM

My hero Willy the Pooh is at 0:53.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

6 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

One of the best 15 minutes I've ever spent, apart from...well...you know...was watching "Funny Game Show Answers" on YouTube.

Not only does it have the above Arthur Shakespeare, it also features the American equivalent from the 80s, where "Real or Fictional, Name a Famous Willy" is asked and BOOM! The guy is straight in with "Willy the Pooh" which had me in tears.

https://youtu.be/R7ghDhpCLKM

My hero Willy the Pooh is at 0:53.

Prefer Steve Harvey's clips.

• Paid Members
On 6/30/2022 at 8:14 PM, Keith Houchen said:

This cheered me up a bunch. 

What is it? For some reason it's not loading up on my computer.

9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

What is it? For some reason it's not loading up on my computer.

Hmm. Seems to have gone from mine too. It was a story about the Captain Tom foundation being investigated by the charities commission. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hmm. Seems to have gone from mine too. It was a story about the Captain Tom foundation being investigated by the charities commission. 

Ah, yeh - they were reporting that on the radio. Bunch of grifters.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, scratchdj said:

B69D42F9-573A-4423-A67D-68227C38D17C.thumb.jpeg.de8665698d8b06b2f06cfe527db5361f.jpeg

When me and my wife started dating back in 1998 we’d go and visit the arcades and spend hours trying to get as many Pokémon key rings out of the 2p machines as we could afford.

It’s 24 years later and the pier near us reopened last night. This cheers me up no end and probably always will.

My girlfriend can happily spend a few hours on the 2p machines, she loves them, although she'll never go to the arcades in Blackpool, where she's from. 

There's a small arcade on the beach where I'm originally from and on Christmas morning about 4 years ago we went for a walk past the arcades. They were obviously closed but they'd thrown out one of the huge hexagonal 2p pushers and she legit wanted me to roll it the quarter of a mile back to my parents for my dad to fix. I have no idea what she planned to do with it after but she constantly reminds me of my failure to get it for her.