Wrestling's Top Twitter 2022

Lenin

7 hours ago, LCJ said:

I know Cornette has his critics on here but God I like this.

I had some friends who went to one of his talks a few years back, they stayed over at a hotel and actually bumped into him (with a couple of Brit Wrestlers acting as chaperones) and had a couple of drinks with him.

They described him as a pleasant and funny man who actually talked very sensible about modern wrestling and even said something like "I'm old so i know i won't get it". They also said he was very liberal, hated anything right wing. They walked away with a view that so much of his ranting is a act.

I've always remembred that and seen him in a different light since.

Edited by theringmaster

He clearly plays up the hatred of modern wrestling because his fans lap it up and he makes money (workers gonna work).  I'm sure he misses the olden days but I think he does realise that sort of wrestling doesn't draw well, he's clearly very smart about the buisness. When he's not doing a bit his analysis is often very insightful and his historical knowledge and stories facinating.

Problem is his rants veers into mysoginistic and racist language/ideas just enough that I can't be bothered with giving him any money/clicks/whatever.  Especially when you know his comments embolden a whole bunch of other people to make the same comments from a place of hate rather than greed.  It's all very well if you're a work but you are still presenting these gross statements as valid and pushing out more hate just so you can make some money.

Edited by organizedkaos

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I know his Twitter has been mentioned before, but this is another belting find from the archive by Gary Michael Capetta. One  of my favourute announcers ever, but seems like a good dude too. 

I've got a ton of nostalgia for The Fink, obviously, and even a bit for Mike McGuirk, but I didn't realise how much GMC's voice had stuck with me over the years. Hearing him announce "Flyinnnnn' Bryinnnnnnn" makes me feel so childlike in a way that I couldn't describe.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I've got a ton of nostalgia for The Fink, obviously, and even a bit for Mike McGuirk, but I didn't realise how much GMC's voice had stuck with me over the years. Hearing him announce "Flyinnnnn' Bryinnnnnnn" makes me feel so childlike in a way that I couldn't describe.

Rick Steiner! Scott Steiner! The… STEIIIIINER Brothers!!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Give me Great Muta caring for an abandoned baby by Green Misting it any day

For the sake of continuity, the baby itself will soon give birth to Akebono.