Wrestling's Top Twitter 2022

Lenin

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Love it!

L

Jesus, I'm not a fan of the guy personally due to the Pollyanna stuff, but objectively the size difference in Ospreay since then is very telling on the work he's put in. Legitimately didn't recognise him. Still a cunt though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Dan Kroffat and a young Rob Van Dam tearing it up back in 95. 

Weird seeing RVD with the plain black singlet instead of the cool airbrushed ones he became synonymous with. Cool seeing the Japanese crowd really getting into his stuff as well. The springboard moonsault off the turnbuckle is one of those moves that I vividly remember being blown away by as a kid, back when he was Robbie V in WCW. 

IMB_jO8NlB.gif

On 10/22/2023 at 7:47 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Dan Kroffat and a young Rob Van Dam tearing it up back in 95. 

Weird seeing RVD with the plain black singlet instead of the cool airbrushed ones he became synonymous with. Cool seeing the Japanese crowd really getting into his stuff as well. The springboard moonsault off the turnbuckle is one of those moves that I vividly remember being blown away by as a kid, back when he was Robbie V in WCW. 

IMB_jO8NlB.gif

Pretty cool seeing this. Always thought it was a shame that WCW or WWE didn't bring in RVD a whole lot earlier. Crazy that it took until mid 2001 for him to properly get a go.  Those 6/7 months (until HHH returned and Rob's push took a nosedive) were great fun. Was really cool seeing RVD mix it up & hold his own with Austin/Rock/Angle/Taker etc.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Sean Ross Sapp knows better than the guy who was there.

Do you think they play the commentary to the crowd during the show as well?

You don’t have to be a detective to watch Raw and not realise that’s what they are doing. You can even hear the boos stop in unison like someone moving the volume switch down. Even more proof. Watch the Dom and Logan bit on Raw, then see a video from the crowd of the same segment. The booing is not the same, and also begs the question why do they do it, because the crowd do boo.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Sapp's entire point is that they're piping in crowd noise even when they don't need to. I don't know why people think "but they're actually booing!" is somehow a counterpoint, or why they feel the need to play defence for a billion-dollar company in the first place.