Wrestling's Top Twitter 2022

Lenin

3 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Our old mate Hulky having a Twitter meltdown because of being called out for his crass Bray Wyatt comment

https://x.com/wasimicon/status/1695062733861929422?s=46&t=PtVv2HIhDe9GOEovNx_PJA

That guy is neurologically divergent right (i'm being polite here) 

Do people actually notice his opinion. 

I'm a cunt half of the time but I know the right time not to be a cunt. 

And the "you guys can't handle the truth" tweet. Fucking hell

12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Tweets don’t embed on here for me anymore since it changed to ‘X’ but Sid in ECW. Just look at this fucking boss…

I still cant figure out how such a big star as Sid left the WWF in mid 97, yet didnt end up in WCW until mid 99. These missing years of Sid, with only this ECW run where he looked like a boss amoungst it, is a very strange mystery. Was it the incident with Arn that caused problems all those years later? Why didnt AJPW book him? Seems bizarre.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dai said:

I still cant figure out how such a big star as Sid left the WWF in mid 97, yet didnt end up in WCW until mid 99. These missing years of Sid, with only this ECW run where he looked like a boss amoungst it, is a very strange mystery. Was it the incident with Arn that caused problems all those years later? Why didnt AJPW book him? Seems bizarre.

He left the WWF because he needed (and had) neck surgery so he spent a lot of that timeframe not wrestling for anyone.

4 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Did Sid even wrestle a match in ECW? Or was it just powerbombing blokes and looking boss?

He had a couple of squash wins against Kronus and Skull von Crush. Tagged with Spike Dudley to beat the Dudleys and then powerbombed Spike too because why not? Then a couple no contests with Justin Credible and Rod Price. But the rest of the time it was just 911-esque run ins on behalf of Judge Jeff Jones.

Sid in ECW is absolutely brilliant. When he comes out to confront the Dudleyz, he marches out and over the crowd you can hear him shouting to himself "YOU SAID NO MAN WAS FUCKING TOUGH ENOUGH? THAT ANY MAN WASN'T FUCKING BAD ENOUGHHHH?" and it's absolutely brilliant and terrifying. Sid is boss.

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

He left the WWF because he needed (and had) neck surgery so he spent a lot of that timeframe not wrestling for anyone.

Ah that makes sense then. That said, the ECW run, where he still looks like a tank (which suggests he was training, and his neck was fixed), suggests he was ready to go then, and that was mid 98 wasn't it? Still another year in the wilderness when you think WCW would have been throwing money at him to join.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Dai said:

Ah that makes sense then. That said, the ECW run, where he still looks like a tank (which suggests he was training, and his neck was fixed), suggests he was ready to go then, and that was mid 98 wasn't it?

No, it was early 99. He wrestled Credible at Hardcore Heaven in May and was back in WCW one month later.