Wrestling's Top Twitter 2022

Lenin

8 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Getting shit signed is a massive part of geek culture now. The one comic con I ever went to, in London about 4 years ago, all it was was queues of men with guest-relevant Funkos to get signed. Stanley Tucci and Hayley Atwell left twiddling their thumbs because they weren't rendered in plastic tat.

Massive difference between comic cons and stalking people in airports or hotels etc though.

I know a lad whos obsessed with it. When he goes to a gig or a meet-and-greet of some sort he'll take the CD/DVD inlay of every album/movie of theirs he has and gets them to sign them. Back when we were teenagers he'd take the whole day off work when going to a gig and get to the venue for about 10am and wait at the venue for the band to arrive and get photos and autographs with them all as they get off the bus.

• Paid Members

At a con is fine, that's what they're for. Even outside a gig before or after, that's all part of the job.

But being expected to sign a ton of shit at an airport, where literally nobody wants to be, can fuck off, especially when they're obviously wanting stuff signed to sell on.

2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Getting shit signed is a massive part of geek culture now. The one comic con I ever went to, in London about 4 years ago, all it was was queues of men with guest-relevant Funkos to get signed. Stanley Tucci and Hayley Atwell left twiddling their thumbs because they weren't rendered in plastic tat.

People at a Con are usually paying for a personal item to be kept. Those at the airport always seem to have 20 of each item and it’s to flip and make money from. Why should a wrestler enhance someone’s income if they get no cut of it? Not for me Clive 

6 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Haven't there even been cases of fans showing up at wrestlers homes to try and get stuff signed?

Sure I remember it happening to Arn Anderson.

Yep definitely happens. Or sending things to be signed directly to their houses rather than via agents. People are fucking weird.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Sure I remember it happening to Arn Anderson.

Yeah it did. Poor fucker was in bed as well. Bloke showed up with an old belt for him to sign and Arn did it. I would’ve gone mad. I don’t know how he didn’t tell him to fuck off. 

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

Yeah it did. Poor fucker was in bed as well. Bloke showed up with an old belt for him to sign and Arn did it. I would’ve gone mad. I don’t know how he didn’t tell him to fuck off. 

Happily signing it but in the wrong way (like a bad forgery) might give you time to move house before the weirdo cottons on.

23 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Happily signing it but in the wrong way (like a bad forgery) might give you time to move house before the weirdo cottons on.

Hangman page has stated that if you buy an auto that doesn't have Hangman just AP or adam page its one from an airport vs a nice full auto that's been done a con or a good time